Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2009 at 11:25 AM / IP Logged  
I'll try and individually program them.
scirocco16v 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2009 at 4:40 PM / IP Logged  
If you have two smart windows hook up together they are picky about the window switch button pushes when programming.  programming them individually will not work. Enter the program mode preferably through the valet switch with the windows already down, go to the drivers window switch hit up and hold for about 3 seconds, let them finish programming until they vent.  Now on the drivers side of the rear windows tap up on the window switch.  Do not hold it at all or the modules won't be assigned seperate ids and will bug out.  They finished programming when they vent.  I have done multiple sets of smart windows a few times and have seen the issues when the switches are not pressed exactly this way.  But after i figured out the programming, they are perfect every time.  Just did them again last weekend.  Flawless 
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2009 at 4:56 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you for the advice scirocco, I noticed you repeated my advice about the manual programming, I constantly advise people to steer clear of Wiz, it has too many glitches especially V2.2 when used on G5 product. It's far more stable on G4
scirocco16v 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2009 at 5:13 PM / IP Logged  
I normally have good experiences with the wizard, except for when two sets of smart windows are hooked up.  Until you get the wizard to recognize the fact that there is two individual smart windows hooked up, it is not happy.  If  you do the button presses wrong while programming through the wizard, there will be multiple 1's listed in the smart window id boxes instead of 1 and 2 and the alarm will bounce in and out of communication with the wizard, while changing remote settings and other crazy stuff like that .  Once they are programmed you can go into wizard and there will be two seperate smart window ids and from there you can adjust venting if need be.  I have yet to install any g5 product.  I only like real clifford with huge brains,  and weird(normal in my eyes) wiring colors.  Whenever i need stuff i direct people to ebay for g4.  Its strictly a hobby for me these days, but i will keep in mind what you said about the wizard thing, a friend of mine just ordered a solaris 5 because i could not find a original or any substitutable g4 product.  i am going to miss the original even more once i put that in with the 15 different plugs off of everyside of it. 
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2009 at 5:27 PM / IP Logged  
Scirocco, people laugh because I have a G4 with Intellistart lV, Intellivoice lV , blue LED and (early) G5 remote.  Guess what?  It's reliable, proper relays, yes I've owned a couple of G4 Solaris, I'd give my all for a new (? = unused) AG4. Yes I can get people in the US to send me the latest product but why? N.B I agree about the stupid plug layout. Bring back the original Clifford owner, he was a genius as were the people around him and let them develop the Wiz software properly.
scirocco16v 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2009 at 6:11 PM / IP Logged  
Hey man, give them credit for preserving what they did, they could have trashed it to be completely unrecognizable.  Clifford got a bad name because of people who intalled them or should i say couldn't install them.  The bottom line is is you install a clifford poorly, it just won't work right.  I have personally put in hundreds of them from g3 all the way up to g4 with every possible feature imaginable.  People never had problems with them, other then a bad remote. or with g3 a remote losing its program.  I personally own two Ag4 and also have one of the few iv4 that made it out.  Nothing will ever replace it.  the security was second to none and the convenience that it added was just as important and guess what, they work seamlessly every time.  One of them has been installed since 99.   Unfortunately, you can't blame dei, not many people could handle installing it and even furthermore not many people knew how to use it.  The industry has changed, and that is one of the reasons why clifford electronics no longer exists.  By the way ag4 pop up on ebay every once in a while you just have to be willing to pay for it.   
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2009 at 2:32 PM / IP Logged  
Sirocco, I can't agree more especially when your system is so like mine!  Do you know how many times people have tried to bid for me for my lV4? The only analogy would be driving a Saturn then stepping into a BMW or M/Benz,  or if you've recently been in the forces using an M16 or M4, changing to an FN Scar or HK 416 or Israeli Tavor, you can feel the quality, the only advantage to the current DEI stuff is the smaller size but then everything unplugs when you try and lose the CPU into that tiny space.
OmarR 
Copper - Posts: 162
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2009 at 12:31 AM / IP Logged  

Howie, I don't know why people laugh at your G4 stuff.

I wouldnt give up my AG4 with Wireless Immoblizer for ANYTHING!

howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2009 at 3:42 AM / IP Logged  
Sirocco hit on the answer earlier and it always comes back to three things...test the vehicle before, test your connections and do a good job, test everything afterwards......Had the odd dual zone prox die, the battery back up sirens can be a nightmare, seal off the rear screw holes, and learn how to properly solder the battery connections in G4 remotes. Thats it, it will last for ever.  Maybe I'm old school, but these new remotes, do I need them?  I've got a Crackberry and an HTC Touch HD sitting in the desk drawer, I'm using a Mot V9 because guess what?   It works better as a PHONE. There's a lesson there isn't there.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic