the12volt.com spacer
icon

2005 Honda Civic Coupe | Stereo System

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
haleyislove 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2009 at 10:08 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote haleyislove
have you thought about doing that professionally?
that is such a nice set up , good job dude!
nagsr95 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2009 at 9:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote nagsr95
I actually have worked as an installer, for 3 years from '00 to '03. I rarely got to do much custom stuff outside of building a simple panel to mount equipment to, I have built plenty of sub boxes, never done fiberglass. I learned techniques and the basics of how things are done. But I work too slow to really make good money, I was too meticulous and anal, and never did get well paid for being so. But outside of those 3 years, I've had systems of some level in every car I've owned since I was 18 (I'm 35)  - but never like my Civic, this is my crown jewel so far.
incognyto 
Copper - Posts: 64
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2010 at 2:36 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote incognyto
fantastic!! I have problem's with the back trunk deck rattling also. if you remove all the plastic from around the battery and possibly a small battery tray under it, you can fit a full size optima yellow top in there no problem, you just have to make the mount that is strapped across the top of the battery slightly longer. i also put 5 1/4" component's in the back trunk and left the space around them open so when the seats are up there's a few extra port's for the bass to come through. very clean install though I like it!!
nagsr95 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2010 at 11:26 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote nagsr95

eDead in the doors:

2005 Honda Civic Coupe | Stereo System - Page 3 -- posted image.

Also added speaker baffles for the mids. Went two years without them, I was wishfully thinking they wouldn't get wet, but they did.

I wanted to mount them behind my ring like below, but even these shallow depth version of baffles were being hit by the window when it was put down.

So I wound up having to mount them right between the speaker and the ring.

This eDead project has made a noticeable difference. I covered the large holes and smaller ones too with Dynamat Extreme and some Premium I've had laying around for years. Noise from the road is lower, noise from the window motors is lower, midbass I couldn't notice a difference because these mids are cut off at 80HZ. And the doors have a more solid feel to them like a German car. I did both these doors and I still have a little over a half bucket left of eDead left, I didn't expect that, I'm looking forward to using it on more of the car. The next section I might do is the rear deck. I've got a rattle back there I can't locate. I added Dynamat here and there to it the last time I had it out of the car but it made no difference, I didn't locate the rattle accuratley. I think I'll hit that next....

djrankin004 
Copper - Posts: 154
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2010 at 5:26 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote djrankin004
Same problem in my 05 civic ex. Replaced factory 6x9's with 6.5's and threw down a considerable amount of dynamat on the rear deck. I think its the actual panel that is rattling and not the metal deck. Please repost if with pictures if you find something that works. Have fun getting that rear deck off!! Its a B*****
Page of 3

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic