icon

fog relay/ oem momentary switch

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
themodifier 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2009 at 2:15 PM / IP Logged  

Yes I have. Please take a look at my original post, and you will see that I referenced the latching relay from this website

fog relay/ oem momentary switch - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

This set-up will not work, because the output is a constant 12v+(as noted in BLUE), and I need 12v- constant output. I appreciate your input, but I don't see a solution. Is there something I'm not understanding? Thanks in advance

ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2009 at 2:19 PM / IP Logged  
yes, there is something you are missing. i said you need 6 relays, not five. you need this setup plus 1 more relay to change the positive output to negative polarity (see relay section again if you dont know how that is done)......or......just get an electronic latching relay.
themodifier 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2009 at 2:57 PM / IP Logged  
I am trying not to sound ungrateful. I looked at the relay page, and I do not see a diagram with 6 relays, nor do I see instructions on how to add a 6th relay to the latching relay set-up. Could you please direct me to this diagram(or copy and paste). If not,maybe you could direct me to the instructions on how to add this additional relay. Sorry to be a pain. 
ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2009 at 3:23 PM / IP Logged  

no biggie.

fog relay/ oem momentary switch - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

themodifier 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2009 at 10:19 PM / IP Logged  
Very Much Appreciated!!!!I'll give it a try once I have the rest of my wiring harness completed. I'm still waiting for some of the components to arrive. I've noticed in several forums that many have given up on trying to use as much as possible of the factory set-up, and bypass the BCM. They usually scrap the factory set-up, or go to the dealership to have their BCM's "flashed", because the vehicle didn't come equipped with the option. The dealerships usually charge $90 on average. I'll report back with results, and pic's so that this can be of some assistance to others in the future.
theviperman 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2009 at 9:35 AM / IP Logged  

Hi - first time poster.

Though I have not priced out the components of this diagram completely, my guess is that the relays are $5 a piece, plus at least $6 in wire (should probably use a few different colors) and at least $4 in connectors for the relay pins  Total is 40 dollars and a few hours of soldering, etc...

You can also go and buy a TR-7 module from PAC - it's a 7-function module that you program for it's first use - function "3" is a latching function, all done electronically.  I have been using the TR-7 module in a kit I sell online for over 3 years now.

My reason for visiting this site is that the TR-7 has risen to about $33, shipped (purchased through The Better Source in Chicago) and I'm trying to find a new way to do this cheaper.

Search for "PAC TR-7" in google - you'll find it easily.  MUCH easier to work with than multiple relays.

Jeff

Don't mind me...
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic