icon

alarm activates oem alarm, 01 blazer

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bigbeast 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2009 at 8:58 PM / IP Logged  
K, Here is my deal, I have installed an alarm, 2 weeks later, decided to put the relays in and hook it up to the door locks, so they unlock and lock when disarmed and armed.
Ever since I did this, It will set off the factory alarm, yes, I checked the wiring, i pulled the lt green wire from the purple plug, and ran a tap straight to ground, as this is supposed to turn off the factory one, from what I am reading everywhere, but it dosen't really work.
For the most part it seems to, but about 1 time every 2-3 days, it will set of the OEM when i disarm it and it unlocks, flashing the headlights and honking the horn. I does not happen all the time, and I can not figure out any particular pattern, and like i say, only 1 time every 2-3 days, it is odd. When i did ground the lt green wire, i noticed no change in the "security" light behavior that is located in the insturment cluster.
Ohhh, I have an 01 Blazer, 2 dr, and Blackwidow alarm. If anyone has some help to this, please help me, this is really annoying.
Brain
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,670
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 20, 2009 at 9:24 PM / IP Logged  
Somebody is locking the vehicle with the factory lock switch.  Tell whoever it is to quit locking it.
bigbeast 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2009 at 10:20 PM / IP Logged  
that would probably be me.......out of habit.....
really.....that simple huh.....Kewl....
SO that is something because it is manually being locked by a human, i am guessing, and not just because the AM alarm is wired to it's lead from the BCM, it can tell a difference between the two....interesting...
does anyone know a way to compeletly disable or remove the whole oem deal other than the lt green wire.....if possible
Brain
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 21, 2009 at 7:32 AM / IP Logged  
In my opinion, two alarms are better than one. I wouldn't quit locking with the factory lock button, and I wouldn't try to disable the factory alarm.
A permanent ground on the light green disarm wire isn't what you want.
So, your Black Widow has negative doorlock outputs, right? And they're connected to trigger a pair of relays, to pulse the car's postive lock and unlock wires, right?
OK, so you can leave your relays the way they are if they're working.........temporarily cut in half the unlock wire that comes from the alarm and goes to your unlock relay.
Connect two diodes to the unlock output of the alarm.
Connect the other end of one diode back to your unlock relay.
Connect the other end of the second diode to the light green disarm wire in the car.
Now, when you press Unlock on your aftermarket remote, you'll be pulsing the car's disarm wire, and triggering your unlock relay, at the same time.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic