icon

2002 escalade folding mirrors with alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pcguy760 
Copper - Posts: 154
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2009 at 10:11 PM / IP Logged  

I was wondering about wiring the power folding mirrors on my 2002 Escalade so that when I turn the alarm on, the mirrors fold in and when I turn it off, they fold back out. I did not find much info except for this post https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=98815&KW=escalade

Can someone clarify how I go about using the above info...

Thanks!

OmarR 
Copper - Posts: 162
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2009 at 2:15 PM / IP Logged  

If you have the stock keyless entry  "alarm", this will not work.

If you have an aftermarkey alarm, use the lock and unlock outputs.

Use 2 DEI 528t timers, set them for the duration it takes for the mirrors to fold in/out, usually about 3-5 seconds. One timer will get its input from the lock output of your alarm (mirror fold in), and the other will be from the unlock output (mirror fold out)

You will have to find the 2 motor wires in the door for the mirrors. Giving 12V to one and ground to the other will close the mirror, and switching the polarity will make them fold out. (Just like a motor on a window)

You will have to fuse the 12V leads to your timers, as switching directions on the mirrors will blow them since you are switching polarity during the 3-5 second window. An ideal solution for this would be to use a 530t, but there is not enough resistance on the motors for this to work. I guess you could try playing with the resistors on the older models of the 530t to make this work.

This is how I did it on my 2003 Chevy Tahoe. I just make sure not to jump back and forth arming and disarming within the 3-5 second window that the mirrors are moving.

pcguy760 
Copper - Posts: 154
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2009 at 1:24 AM / IP Logged  

Well I guess I could use the lock and unlock outputs of the aftermarket alarm (still need to install it). I just noticed that the folding mirror button is actually a momentary type... I guess I could wire up two relays, one for the folding and one for unfolding and isolate them with diodes... does that sound about right?

OmarR 
Copper - Posts: 162
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2009 at 10:26 PM / IP Logged  

The 528t are relays, but with a 1-90 second timer built in.

You could try a regular relay to see if it works. My 03 truck's wiring is a little different than yours, so it may work for you.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic