icon

alpine amp with rockford subs?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
laughnowqqlater 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2009 at 11:59 PM / IP Logged  
would an alpine mrp-m1000 class d mono be a good amp for 2x 12inch p2 rockford fosgates in a ported box?
also i used the mrp-m1000 for 3x 10inch jackhammers for like a month or so... and it was at a 1.3 ohm load.. and i dont think that the amp is 1 ohm stable.. but do u think that it hurt my amp at all? the amp would sometimes shut it self off if i ran it loud for like 20 mins straight.. but if i would turn my cd player off and on again it would turn right back on but i didnt really bump it hard very many times. it did shut off a few times on me tho. im thinking that it was because it couldnt handle the 1.3 ohm load but yeah idk do u guys think that the amp would be hurt at all? i havent tried using it with the fosgates yet but i hope i didnt wreck the amp? and do u guys think that it would shut itself off if i used it with the fosgate p2's or would it be a good combo?
laughnowqqlater 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2009 at 12:34 AM / IP Logged  
i forgot to say that the amp works fine whenever i turn it on.. but like i said if i would run it at like 28-30 volume for like 15-20 mins.. that is when it would shut itself off.. but if i turned my cd player off and on again the amp would turn back on and work fine again.. but the amp would turn itself off faster if i try to bump loud again after it already turned off once.. but if i keep it at like 20-22 volume it was fine.. but yeah if my amp isnt hurt.. would it be a good amp for the fosgates? thanks in advance :D
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2009 at 9:37 AM / IP Logged  
if your amp is not 1 ohm stable then you shouldn't run your subs any lower than 2 because as your subs heat up from constant playing the ohm load naturally drops a little bit due to a hot coil. if you keep doing what you are doing then either your amp or sub will be messed up. its always important to use your equipment within its specs if you want it to last.
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2009 at 10:51 AM / IP Logged  
Your amp requires a minimum 2-ohm load. It is shutting itself down to protect itself, but it may eventually fry. You need to rewire your speakers for greater than 2-ohms.
Support the12volt.com
laughnowqqlater 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2009 at 10:22 PM / IP Logged  
i know, that is why im asking would the amp be good for 2x 12inch rockford fosgate p2's... i was just asking if u think the amp is wrecked from running it at the 1.3 ohm load.. but like i said i didnt run it for very long with the 1.3 ohm load.
i got a pair of 12 inch rockford fosgate p2s.. would the amp be a good amp for the rockford subs?
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2009 at 10:38 AM / IP Logged  
if you get 2 subwoofers they either need to be svc 4ohm or dvc 2ohm. this way you can wire both of them to get a total 2 ohm load. you can buy whatever sub you want, it doesn't matter what the name, make, size, or model of the subwoofer is as long as you buy them in the right coil configuration so that your amp will be happy

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic