icon

Flashing Alarm led..How to...?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sador 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2003 at 8:53 PM / IP Logged  
Flashing Alarm led..How to...? -- posted image. Hi everybody I kind of confused now,I have these lights from "Varad",in the instruction manual said:With alarm system.Red=constant 12v
                      Yellow=do not use
                      Black=To alarm system accesory output.I already try to install the red to 12v and the black to the ground output,but is really dimme and star blinking without stopping even with the alarm off or on.
Which accesory output can I use from my alarm (Viper 550)to active,before I have a different led but this one it was using the "ground when arm output".
Can some tell me what I have to do to make it work with my alarm.
            Thank you
Anthony1 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2003 at 6:45 AM / IP Logged  
 I had a simmilar problem ( CLA led scanner),   My alarm acc. was putting out -500 ma grounded when armed, but I had to use a relay.  The leds were vary dim.  In fact you could only see them if you put your eye against them.  This also caused the scanner to not remotely turn on.  I used the yellow grounded when armed output on my rattler 300.  The info was on the dei site under install guides.
Anthony1 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2003 at 6:55 AM / IP Logged  
 Sorry I ment the orange output wire, the yellow was the one on the scanner.  I hooked up all 3 wires.  My instructions said with alarm red posotive, black-ground, yellow-neg. output.  I ended up using a relay like this neg. armed output 85, 12v constant-86, ground-87, and neg wire on scanner-30.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic