05 marquis, keyless entry

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dbc1965 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2009 at 5:54 PM / IP Logged  

hi

i currently have basic 4 button keyless entry unlock lock trunk and panic i'm going to upgrade to gold delux from code what my pproblem is i can't seem to find location or current receiver or brain i look under dash under the seat would anyone know where ford mount location is at i need to find it so able to tell what type of system is it older style or newer power code

david b cruz
chadwa2003 
Copper - Posts: 353
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2009 at 6:04 PM / IP Logged  
Are you refering to the factory keyless entry location and you are looking to install an aftermarket alarm?
dbc1965 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2009 at 7:03 PM / IP Logged  

factory keyless entry i'm going to upgrade to gold delux have trouble locating current factory keyless entry control box

thanks for your reply

david b cruz
chadwa2003 
Copper - Posts: 353
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2009 at 7:16 PM / IP Logged  
I believe the keyless in that vehicle is in the door. The gold delux this is aftermarket right? If so you dont really need to locate the factory keyless module you will need the lock and unlock wires from there but thats about it
dbc1965 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2009 at 7:24 PM / IP Logged  
no sir gold delux is a alarm made by code upgrade for ford cars and trucks new power code version is simply change daughter board aka dna what i'm trying to figure out is the location of entry which you told me inside door  now if this entry is a new power code system depending i might not have to remove whole system to install my gold system they used the same wiring harrness it never change i would just have to a wiring harrness to complete upgrade with a new daughter board which i have already so i have to remove my door panel check that part number and see what i have
david b cruz
skablamm 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2009 at 10:59 PM / IP Logged  
I think Chad is right. Are you locking to add a remote start or just the security? I use to install the dealer add "factory alarm" and a ford dealer. And it was only a swap and plug in to the harness that is add at the dealer.... they don't come from the plant like that. And you will need to leave the factory keyless module in the door.
dbc1965 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2009 at 11:10 PM / IP Logged  
hmm i'm really confused now you mean it will plug and play by just changing dna daughter board this system is alarm and remote start made by code for ford cars
david b cruz
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,427
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2009 at 7:46 AM / IP Logged  
im assuming you have a LS model grand marquis   which came with factory keyless entry   the kit you are trying to install is a ford add on kit which must be wired into the car the module inside the door is the door module and must not be removed   if you have a GS model marquis (which doesnt have a door module inside the door) then you probley have an add on kit already in it   if it is the add on ford system then you can change the DNA chip but depending on the previous install all the wires may not be hooked up
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
dbc1965 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2009 at 8:05 AM / IP Logged  

chev104275

i do have a gs model which came with keyless door pad with remote  door unlock/lock pop truck/panic button of course when unlocking or locking turns dome and headlights on with a horn chirp. now what i have is ford is -2w7z-19g364-ba  with gold delux dna  it has all option listen above plus alarm siren also remote start comes with 2 different remotes full blown complete system if you say gs does not have door module then what do i have now? where's it located at i search all under dash i found nothing lol my marquis is 05 gs model it came with all options. trying to find out where would it be to see if all i have to do is add new dna with other wires.  i thank chad and you for time with this matter heck if you had a few min could you call me at 708-220-2209

dave

david b cruz

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic