icon

2007 dodge magnum, double din

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nickdogg25 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2009 at 10:28 PM / IP Logged  
Looking to buy a double din  dvd in my 2007 dodge magnum it doesn't have a nav system anyone have any ideals or photo's or maybe some thing that shows me this can be done2007 dodge magnum, double din -- posted image.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,670
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 01, 2009 at 10:55 PM / IP Logged  
Believe it or not, the dealership sells the nav trim piece for about 70 dollars. That along with the double din kit that is available for the nav equipped vehicle, you are set.
Ween 
Platinum - Posts: 1,366
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2009 at 9:22 AM / IP Logged  

hi,

the dash piece mentioned may not be available in black plastic..tried ordering one two weeks ago.  also available in bright silver finish and carbon fiber. the carbon fiber i know is available, more expensive though.  you'll need to remove (4 screws) the white plastic carrier that holds the non-nav radio to make clearance for the double-din.  the magnum probably requires an interface from aftermarket head to factory amplifier.  you can use the factory sirius antenna for an aftermarket sirius tuner (removed the fakra housing to fix clearance issue).  steering wheel controls wire up relatively easy (with the pac swi-can and appropriate swi interface).

hope this helps

m

j.reed 
Copper - Posts: 716
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2009 at 9:54 AM / IP Logged  

+1 to the above. All you need is the Navi bezel, a dash kit for the new double din,  wire harness and the antenna adapter.

You can also usually find the bezel on Ebay very cheap as well. I switched over my 300c very easy and looks 1000 times better with a double din.

2007 dodge magnum, double din -- posted image.
nickdogg25 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2009 at 4:58 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for all the inputs but is there a way I can make this work with out buying the whole dash are getting it cheaper
j.reed 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2009 at 5:05 PM / IP Logged  

nickdogg25 wrote:
Thanks for all the inputs but is there a way I can make this work with out buying the whole dash are getting it cheaper

the only way to fit a double din is by buying a navi bezel and a dash kit. Well you could cut and glass the stock bezel but, then what do you do when you sell the vehical? i always like to keep my factory stuff to put back in. You could try a salvage yard. I found one in my area that had one for my 300c they wanted $140 for it. When through the dealer it was only $110. I ended up finding mine on Ebay for $70 new and shipped.

nickdogg25 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2009 at 8:06 PM / IP Logged  
If anybody has some pic's on how it would look if i did the work myself please post for me.
j.reed 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2009 at 8:14 PM / IP Logged  
Honestly if you did all the fab work to the stock bezel. By the time you cut, build your mounting and glass you would be just as well off buying a bezel and dash kit.
nickdogg25 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2009 at 8:15 PM / IP Logged  

I feel u I think i'm going to just get the bezel and hook it up, Thanks

j.reed 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2009 at 8:24 PM / IP Logged  

this is my install on the 300c with a navi bezel. Nevermind the fact it is dirty. I have not drivin the car in a month or so :)

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic