icon

amp powering on but not working

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ccityroadshop 
Copper - Posts: 76
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2009 at 11:16 PM / IP Logged  
hey guys, i have a older memphis amp that is powering on fine, the protection light is not coming on it seems like its fine but its just not working the subs are fine, the rca's are fine the speaker wires fine, any ideas as to whats wrong with it? if so how can i fix it, would really like to use it  on my new hcca its a nice memphis bell
mustang GT convertible with lots of performance mods... Alpine M500 amp with sealed enclosure, 10 inch kappa perfect, clarion cz500 head unit, kicker ks speakers all around
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 01, 2009 at 11:58 PM / IP Logged  
...and you know for sure that the amp worked before you hooked it up?
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,670
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 02, 2009 at 5:48 AM / IP Logged  

I have worked on MANY Memphis amps the had a broken leg on the LEDs.  It may be in protect.   Are there 3 LEDs on that amp?   Which color is lit up?

ccityroadshop 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2009 at 10:34 PM / IP Logged  
no i dont know for sure that the amp worked before, i got it off a friend who had it just sittin in his garage, and no i only has 2 leds but the protect lights not on its a blue led
mustang GT convertible with lots of performance mods... Alpine M500 amp with sealed enclosure, 10 inch kappa perfect, clarion cz500 head unit, kicker ks speakers all around
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2009 at 10:43 PM / IP Logged  
if it is out of warranty, i would open it and check for corrosion.
ccityroadshop 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2009 at 9:36 AM / IP Logged  
yea it is out of warranty thats what i was planning to do open it and check it out just wondering if any1 could give me places to check, maybe something needs soldered or could a capacitor need replaced in it?
ccityroadshop 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2009 at 11:57 PM / IP Logged  
ok sry it does have the 3 lights im looking at it now green red and yellow, the green power light comes on like its supposed to, i opened the amp up and could not see anything wrong, but i am by no means an expert on it
i am an idiot 
Posted: March 04, 2009 at 12:25 AM / IP Logged  
Which amp is it? This one? or Maybe this one? Or is it possibly newer than either of those?
ccityroadshop 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2009 at 11:49 PM / IP Logged  
st1000d built just like that 2nd one
i am an idiot 
Posted: March 05, 2009 at 12:45 AM / IP Logged  
There appears to be 2 separate power supplies in that amp, did you remove and inspect each fuse? It may light up with only one power supply functioning but may require both to actually work.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic