icon

2009 toyota venza w/ smart key autostart

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
heatboy 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2009 at 11:30 AM / IP Logged  

All, I had a remote start installed by a local dealership and they did not know how to install the Astrostart RSS-5224 w/ XRT brain into my 2009 Toyota Venza correctly. I know there is not much out there for knowledge on the 2009 Smart key (push button start) toyota's. I decided to fix the autostart since there were a few things wrong with the install. After 5 long afternoons of testing, I finally figured out how to do it all. I thought I would share it with you to prevent any of you from losing 5 afternoons of time!

2009 Toyota Venza w/ Smart Key and Factory Immobilizer ----  Astro Start XRT Control Module (comes with many Astro Start Remote Start Systems)

(On the module I will refer to the connector numbers and wire colors and then list the wires they connect to in the Venza and then list any programming associated with them- I do not list all the wires that are needed to be connected, but only the ones that go to specific wires in the Venza)

Also, I refer to LDK=Lower Driver Kick panel

Following these connections the Venza will be able to do the following :

-Open and close the rear hatch with remote start keychain

-Shut off headlights after remote start is shut down

-Lock all doors as soon as the car is remote started

-Unlock all doors with one push on the keychain

-Disconnect the remote start when the Venza is put into gear (like what happens when you press the brake on any other car)

P1- Not used for any Venza connections

P2- White wire- Connect to Venza gray wire in bottom left plug in LDK. Connect with a diode and the diode stripe faces AWAY from gray Veza wire. This is the door pin ground trigger. It is used to shut down the headlights after remote start. Program Level 7 to Pulse after Ignition is Off. Also, take another wire from the white wire in P2 and connect this to the Venza blue wire behind the push button start switch. To allow the pulse after ignition to shut down the Venza.

P2- White w/blue stripe- Connect to Venza blue wire behind the push button start switch. Program Level 6 as starter wire to allow the ground during start to start the engine.

P2- White w/green stripe- Connect to Venza green wire (wire 10) in lower right 18 pin plug in LDK. This is the backup lights and it is used to turn off the auto start like a brake trigger whenever you go THROUGH or INTO reverse to drive the Venza.

P2- Lt Green- Connect to Venza small red wire in 3rd large plug down on the fuse box facing the driver. This is the Horn.

P3- Don’t use the White w/ brown stripe or the White w/ Blue stripe wires.

P3- Blue w/ White stripe- Connect to Venza gray wire in second white plug down on right in LDK. Used for Unlock. Program Level 10 for double unlock pulse to unlock all doors when using the keychain remote.

P3- Brown w/ White stripe- Connect to Venza brown wire in second white plug down on right in LDK. Used for lock. Program level 12 for Pulse all locks after start to allow the Venza to be locked after it is remote started no matter what state the locks were in before.

P4- Blue- Connect to Venza Lt. blue or gray wire on brake pedal switch. This gives power to ignition for starting.

P4- Yellow- Connect to Venza Blue wire behind push button start. Program Stage 2, Level 1 for pulse before start. This turns on the accessories in the ignition just before the car is started and it prevents a message on the upper display about a missing key.

P4- Orange- Connect this to an extra bosch type relay you must provide. The orange will go on one side of the relay coil. Connect the other coil side directly to a ground. Then use the N.O. contacts of the relay to complete a battery circuit to a smart keyfob that will be mounted behind the push button start switch. The orange wire will basically turn on the keyfob during the ignition time of the remote start.

P5- Utility relay N.O. contacts- Connect one side to ground and the other to the Venza brown wire on the back of the power lift hatch switch on dash. Program Level 9 as utility 1. Program Level 11 for a 15 second duration. Program level 15 to have trunk button on keychain remote activate utility 1. This allows the trunk button on the keychain remote to connect a 15 second ground to the rear door motor to open the hatch. It works to close it too after the 15 seconds is up. This hatch does not work like a regular trunk pop because it requires AT LEAST 2 seconds to ground to activate it- that is why 15 seconds to ground will work.

Connect hood trigger, tach signal, 12v power and ground as needed.

Bob Foote
Minot, ND
Electronics are my friends!
heatboy 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2009 at 4:07 PM / IP Logged  

SORRY for the above post- The formatting was messed up!

All, I had a remote start installed by a local dealership and they did not know how to install the Astrostart RSS-5224 w/ XRT brain into my 2009 Toyota Venza correctly.

I know there is not much out there for knowledge on the 2009 Smart key (push button start) toyota's. I decided to fix the autostart since there were a few things wrong with the install.
After 5 long afternoons of testing, I finally figured out how to do it all. I thought I would share it with you to prevent any of you from losing 5 afternoons of time!

2009 Toyota Venza w/ Smart Key and Factory Immobilizer ----  Astro Start XRT control Module

(On the module I will refer to the connector numbers and wire colors and then list the wires they connect to in the Venza and then list any programming associated with them- I do not list all the wires that are needed to be connected, but only the ones that go to specific wires in the Venza)

Also, I refer to LDK=Lower Driver Kick panel

Following these connections the Venza will be able to do the following :

-Open and close the rear hatch with remote start keychain

-Shut off headlights after remote start is shut down

-Lock all doors as soon as the car is remote started

-Unlock all doors with one push on the keychain

-Disconnect the remote start when the Venza is put into gear (like what happens when you press the brake on any other car)

P1- Not used for any Venza connections

P2- White wire- Connect to Venza gray wire in bottom left plug in LDK. Connect with a diode and the diode stripe faces AWAY from gray Veza wire. This is the door pin ground trigger. It is used to shut down the headlights after remote start. Program Level 7 to Pulse after Ignition is Off. Also, take another wire from the white wire in P2 and connect this to the Venza blue wire behind the push button start switch. To allow the pulse after ignition to shut down the Venza.

P2- White w/blue stripe- Connect to Venza blue wire behind the push button start switch. Program Level 6 as starter wire to allow the ground during start to start the engine.

P2- White w/green stripe- Connect to Venza green wire (wire 10) in lower right 18 pin plug in LDK. This is the backup lights and it is used to turn off the auto start like a brake trigger whenever you go THROUGH or INTO reverse to drive the Venza.

P2- Lt Green- Connect to Venza small red wire in 3rd large plug down on the fuse box facing the driver. This is the Horn.

P3- Don’t use the White w/ brown stripe or the White w/ Blue stripe wires.

P3- Blue w/ White stripe- Connect to Venza gray wire in second white plug down on right in LDK. Used for Unlock. Program Level 10 for double unlock pulse to unlock all doors when using the keychain remote.

P3- Brown w/ White stripe- Connect to Venza brown wire in second white plug down on right in LDK. Used for lock. Program level 12 for Pulse all locks after start to allow the Venza to be locked after it is remote started no matter what state the locks were in before.

P4- Blue- Connect to Venza Lt. blue or gray wire on brake pedal switch. This gives power to ignition for starting.

P4- Yellow- Connect to Venza Blue wire behind push button start. Program Stage 2, Level 1 for pulse before start. This turns on the accessories in the ignition just before the car is started and it prevents a message on the upper display about a missing key.

P4- Orange- Connect this to an extra bosch type relay you must provide. The orange will go on one side of the relay coil. Connect the other coil side directly to a ground. Then use the N.O. contacts of the relay to complete a battery circuit to a smart keyfob that will be mounted behind the push button start switch. The orange wire will basically turn on the keyfob during the ignition time of the remote start.

P5- Utility relay N.O. contacts- Connect one side to ground and the other to the Venza brown wire on the back of the power lift hatch switch on dash. Program Level 9 as utility 1. Program Level 11 for a 15 second duration. Program level 15 to have trunk button on keychain remote activate utility 1. This allows the trunk button on the keychain remote to connect a 15 second ground to the rear door motor to open the hatch. It works to close it too after the 15 seconds is up. This hatch does not work like a regular trunk pop because it requires AT LEAST 2 seconds to ground to activate it- that is why 15 seconds to ground will work.

Connect hood trigger, tach signal, 12v power and ground as needed.

Bob Foote
Minot, ND
Electronics are my friends!
ricardoboston 
Copper - Posts: 268
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 01, 2009 at 8:33 PM / IP Logged  
hi i need a wiring diagram for same car ,2009 toyota venza this car has  regular key like corolla etc  do you have a tech sheet ?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic