icon

98 jeep grand cherokee, remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
eBoyDog 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2009 at 10:51 AM / IP Logged  

Took the day off to get three day weekend to install Viper 1400XP on the wife's 98 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

Got things in the vehicle torn down and started getting to the starter wire and such on the column only to discover there is already "something" installed which appears to be just a keyless entry??

There is no model # on the black control box only a stamped into ELV55AAL737R which in going to FCCC's site, tells me it's licensed to a company called Nutech, The only other ID is a serial number 924680600056 A03

in googling the FCC #  I only found a reference on another site who claims to have a keyless entry and remote start installed on a vehicle he bought which he was having problems with it shutting off (rmt start worked but the shutoff wouldn't)  but he got to the black box and had the same FCC number ELV55AAL737R and like mine was completly void of any model number AND that guy had DEI RPN 474V  with the 2/66 codes which worked with it

It's like a normal DEI black control box, a removable panel with a two postion jumper (tach learning mode?) and 4 dip switchs (all in the down outward postion).  for the external connectors is as a 6 blade with connection on one end with a 12 pin blade connection on the side (these are large pin connections with a single white plastic edge to hold the harness connected.  There are 2 two pin connector a red and blue,  the blue connector (program valet button?) was plugged in with the ends twisted togather and taped; there was nothing plugged into the red connector.  Oh, also there s a black wire coming out, perhaps 16-20 inches long which I presume is the antenna....

Any DEI Guru's out there who can tell me what model Viper (assuming it's a viper) FCC # ELV55AAL737R  I'm not too concerned about replacing it but my major worry is how the door locks were wired as I bought a 455T to do the door locks instead of doing 4 relays but after I get of the computer, I'm going to start  looking at that, hopefully previous installer used 455T or similer, I haven't looked closly at the ODB wires yet.

eBoyDog 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2009 at 1:30 PM / IP Logged  

Got it out, it appears to keyless entry & remote start but mine wasn't wired for  remote start (bundle of wires were just taped off)

I have no idea how the locks were wired, I thought is was a 5 wire system requiring a relay for each door but this install had two wires running to the doors with no relays, one wire was broke and at the front door lock switchs, the factory wires were cut off and the wires to the unit spliced in.  Gotta love those installers who only have electrical tape and wire cutters, those twisted & taped connections stay so well connected after a few years but then again I should complain that's one reason I got the vehicle cheap, as the door locks didn't work!!!

BUT hey they good news is that now all my doors power locks work, I thought the actuvators were bad but now after the lock factory lock wires back in place properly, all my door locks work so now I'm ready to start what I intended to start this morning.  just glad I hadn't gone ahead an bought the Factory remotes and paid the dealer $50 a remote they wanted to program them.

Anyone want a free older DEI keyless entry, remote start that has no remotes, no wiring diagram, and no model number?  I should put on ebay just for fun with the starting price of one penny and $40 shipping.........  I'll throw in the fuses and harness for $10 extra.    :)

Still interested for casual info what model this is, I found a few other lost souls on the internet that had this unit and all they had to go on was the FCC number; they  were either looking for remotes or having problems with it with cars they just bought that had it installed.  It must have been popular with Circuit City installers a few year ago?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic