remote start, 97 civic coupe, 5 speed

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rickypwp1985 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2009 at 11:45 AM / IP Logged  
97 civic coupe 5 speed , clifford matrix 50.5x with dei 689m
Ok I connected all the wires for the remote start harness I pretty much know all these wires are connected at the right location,Even the second ignition wire( I was told i dont have to on my car). the harness had three 12v wires - I connected all three as well as the small yellow wire from the 689m to the same location on the 12v wire on my ignition harness, Is this ok?
another question
689m
BLACK/ white - I connected to the nuetral saftey wire from alarm brain?
blue- I connected the to blue status wire on the remote start brain?
purple and black - my clutch hastwo wires dnt know the polarity of the wires so i connected them both ways still nothing
The problem
I get in car close doors start car pull ebrake make sure car is in nuetral release clutch the press the remote start, I get the flashing parking lights confirmation try to remove key car shuts off.
What confusing me is that i took a break came back didnt change any connections and the car stayed on when I removed the key but when i opened the door it shut off, Now i cant get it to stay on again even switching the clutch connection around, Willing to pay for help
djrico724 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2009 at 11:57 PM / IP Logged  
Why are you using 689m?All you need to use is BLACK/ white starter,BLACK / YELLOW ING,yellow acc,WHITE/ black 2nd acc.Blue tac wirer under hood.make sure your nuetral saftey has ground.As for the clutch I think there is two switchs you want the on closeest to the fire wall.All you have to do is put the two wires on switch togeter.HOPE THIS helps you.
richl68 
Copper - Posts: 107
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2009 at 12:03 PM / IP Logged  

doesnt the 689m make sure that the car isnt in gear when you try to remotestart the car??

i think there is a squence to those im not sure lemme look up the manual for the 689m

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic