icon

1999 denali alarm problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cdnemsguy 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2009 at 8:59 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 1999 Yukon Denali that came with a Compustar 2 way starter/alarm. Everything works great with exception of the alarm goes off once the engine stops with either the 15 minutes time up or manually stopped by button 2. It appears the alarm is active and arms prior to the engine stopping. I have disabled the shock sensor via the remote, but that did not help.I am sure it is a remote setting, but can't find instructions to fix this. Please help. Pro P2W9000FMR remote. Thanks.
91stt 
Silver - Posts: 564
Silver spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 10, 2009 at 9:38 PM / IP Logged  
Does the remote show what zone is being triggered?
cdnemsguy 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2009 at 9:51 PM / IP Logged  
No it doesn't. I have experimented and if I manually disarm/unlock the doors prior to the time running out or remotely stopping the engine, the alarm does not sound. This obviously isnt any good because if the timer runs out, the alarm is triggered.
91stt 
Posted: March 11, 2009 at 2:19 AM / IP Logged  
When you say the alarm triggers, is the horn sounding or siren?
cdnemsguy 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2009 at 9:06 AM / IP Logged  
Both the horn and the siren go crazy. It seems that the alarm sensors are armed at the instant the truck shuts off without any delay and therefore the horn and siren both alarm. Like I say the only way I can counter this is if I unlock/disarm the locks/alarm prior to the engine stopping. I would think for it to work correctly it should rearm the security with a delay after the truck is off and all vibrations stop.
xicano21 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2009 at 4:42 PM / IP Logged  
if the horn honks then its most likely you have a factory alarm, done of couple of these within that 99 year and have to turn the key at the switch to disable it , its not like the normal disarm from the drivers door., theres two ways to disarm it  one way is using a relay and mimicking the key and the other is doing programming on the factory alarm
91stt 
Posted: March 12, 2009 at 9:02 AM / IP Logged  
sounds like the factory alarm is causing the compustar to go off. you need to check that oem alarm is being disarmed before start.
cdnemsguy 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2009 at 10:36 AM / IP Logged  
When I bought the truck last week all was fine and worked well. I did make a change to the delayed headlamp exit illumination and have since changed it back. I thought that might have been the problem. Didnt change anything. The alarm zone on the remote is the DOOR. I cannot silence the alarm even after starting the vehicle with the key? Need to get a pro on this I guess, although I thought it was only a setting that I may have messed up. Any other ideas? Thanks.
91stt 
Posted: March 12, 2009 at 5:31 PM / IP Logged  
check to see if the doors unlock after turning off the car by remote. take note to see if the interior lights turn on or not. i'm wondering if you truck turns on the interior lights when the engine is turned off.
cdnemsguy 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2009 at 9:14 PM / IP Logged  
The doors do not unlock after stopping. The locks do not lock while starting either. Appears the only time the locks activate is when pushing button 1. The interior lights turn on and stay on after the engine stops, as well as the radio remains on. Looks like the lights turn off about 30 seconds after the engine. once the engine is off, the headlights flash twice prior to the alarm/siren going. ???

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic