icon

05 duramax alarm goes off when remotly st

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jen1110bill 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2009 at 6:06 AM / IP Logged  

i just finished installing an avistart 5303 in a 2005 chevy silverado 2500hd with the duramax and now when i remotely start the vehicle the alarm goes off and my lcd reads that the door is open when it is actually closed. has anyone had this problem and know a fix

any help is greatly appericated.

bill

james bond 007 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2009 at 9:09 AM / IP Logged  
what bypass mod are you using, did you hook up the disarm wire that is in the door
jen1110bill 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2009 at 12:06 PM / IP Logged  
i'm using dei's 456gw bypass and do you mean the door trigger wire? i'm pretty sure i have that hooked up correctly.
shaip99 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2009 at 2:05 AM / IP Logged  
Are you going to the grey black dome light wire at the bcm under the steering coloum if that is the case see if the dome light comes on with remote start if so that's your problem I ran into that a while back I had to go to each door pin in the doors it's a pain but it's the only place to get actual door pins and not dome light
"Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd
all run around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive
music."-Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc.
jen1110bill 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2009 at 5:25 AM / IP Logged  

i think i figured it out now i am hooked to the grey/black at the bcm and i have it hooked up as a positive, now my question is can i get those 2 wires inside the truck where the harness comes out of the door or do i have to run wires into both doors, sorry i have been having multiple brain farts with this truck, just to make sure i need to hook both door trigger wires to alarm wire that is for negative door systems, correct?

thanks again for all the help

bill

jen1110bill 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2009 at 12:55 PM / IP Logged  

anybody know, do i have to use both doors or can i use just the drivers and can i get the wire where it enters the cab or do i have to run a wire into door(s)

ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2009 at 2:16 PM / IP Logged  
you need to pick up each wire individually at the module in each door and diode isolate them. i thought your bypass would pick up the door triggers however.
jen1110bill 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2009 at 3:44 PM / IP Logged  

my bypass module does have a door trigger input so does that mean i still have to diode isolate using the module, and in that case i shouldnt have to use either wire for trigger on alarm system correct? and i have to hook right at module in door, i cant tap into the wire where it comes in under the kick panel.

thanks again in advance                                                                                                                                    

bill

ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2009 at 3:56 PM / IP Logged  
if your bypass takes care of the door trigger all you need to do is connect the green door trigger wire from the bypass to the green door triger wire on the alarm. you wont need to wire anything to the truck as far as door triggers are concerned.
jen1110bill 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2009 at 6:03 PM / IP Logged  

well if bypass module is hooked to alarm system then what is sensing a door being open, i would think the green wire from alarm would still need to be hooked into vehicle then bypass hooked to alarm in order to sense a door open. sorry if i'm being confusing. this truck is driving me nuts

thanks again

bill

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic