icon

eclipse amplifier

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jeffliberty 
Member - Posts: 39
Member spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2009 at 7:55 PM / IP Logged  

Hey guys I have a 12 inch rockford P3 sub in a ported box, and my question is I just bought a eclipse DA7122 mono class D amp and it just doesnt seem like its working properly. Before I bought this amp I had a kenwood KAC-8102d amp and it powered my sub harder and even louder than the new eclipse amp can anyone help me out with why this is happening. I have a 2000 BMW 323i with stock everything (alternator and wiring) if that makes a difference. Im also running a 1 farad digital cap and im running 4 gauge wire. So is it because this amp drains more power or what. I also have a deep cycle battery connected so im kinda lost for words here my deck is a kd-nx5000 and the pre outs are 2.5 volts supposably but i dont even think theyre that high, it still doesnt make sense why the lower wattage kenwood would be louder and hit harder then the eclipse.

Thanks guys for your help so please respond quick.

1998 VW GTI VR6 5 Speed manual, JVC kd-nx5000 plus 7 inch indash screen optima batteries Eclipse 7122 mono sub amp which im still having serious problems with, and a 12 inch Orion sub
djrankin004 
Copper - Posts: 154
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2009 at 9:47 PM / IP Logged  
what kinda voice coils are on the sub and how is it wired in your box
jeffliberty 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2009 at 10:58 PM / IP Logged  
They are dual 4 ohm and they are wired to a 2 ohm load
1998 VW GTI VR6 5 Speed manual, JVC kd-nx5000 plus 7 inch indash screen optima batteries Eclipse 7122 mono sub amp which im still having serious problems with, and a 12 inch Orion sub
audiocableguy 
Copper - Posts: 630
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2009 at 11:22 PM / IP Logged  
Did you adjust the gains on the Eclipse amp?
jeffliberty 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2009 at 11:35 PM / IP Logged  
yeah I'vemessed with everything on the amp but it still doesnt push as hard as the little kenwood did. could it be that my stock alternator and wiring just arent giving it enough juice. my led screen on the cap is showing between 13.8 and 14.2 volts most of the time
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2009 at 10:07 AM / IP Logged  

First, go to the Hot Topics area and read the How To guides there.  Set up your system correctly and post back.

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_topics.asp~FID~22

Support the12volt.com
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2009 at 1:59 PM / IP Logged  
Disconnect one voice coil and see if the sub magically starts to have more bass or not. Definitely verify how you have the sub wired.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
jeffliberty 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2009 at 11:03 PM / IP Logged  

hey guys weve narrowed it down to being the deck so far but we are not too sure. the guys at futureshop said that it was sending feedback through the rca wires and that is whats causing my weird sounds. Im not too sure by their theory but who knows maybe im wrong. They sent my JVC KD-NX5000 back to JVC to get repaired and we will see when it gets back.  Im kinda hoping that they cant fix or atleast wait till the 60 day limit is up so then futureshop has to upgrade me to a new style of that deck, but the thing is JVC doesnt make that model and futureshop doesnt sell it anymore either so basically my option is to get a new deck any brand I want I paid 1,299.99 for it new in 2007 and bought the 2 year warrantee witch cost me 99.99 plus tax so basically in total it was 1,595.28. My question now is if they cant repair it can any of you guys check on futureshop.ca for me and let me know the best possible deck they own of equal value preferably something with NAV.  Also with my 2000 BMW 323i 4 door sedan can I install a double din deck and if so how much work is it and is it worth it.

Thank you for all your help.

Jeff

forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2009 at 11:31 PM / IP Logged  
Get them to take it back on trade for a gift certificate if you have to. You are entitled to the value that you paid and nothing they have is going to come close.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
jeffliberty 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2009 at 11:50 PM / IP Logged  
Wow thank you for the info I didnt know I was able to do that are you sure? all they were saying to me today was that I would be entitled to something they have again thanks for the info. Ill let you know how it goes when they give me a call.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic