icon

how to wire the trunk pop /w compustar

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2009 at 4:48 PM / IP Logged  
ok here's what, do you have a switch on the dash somewhere to control trunk release, the sentras i'm accustomed to that come with factory trunk release normally do, the signal at the switch is low current ground that drives the factory relay,normally this works fine straight from the alarm no relay needed, if this is not the case and you are driving the actual leg of the trunk release solenoid, then you will need a single pole double throw relay, on the relay there will be pins labelled by numbers, you wil be wiring it like this, pin 85 to your violet/white wire from the alarm, pin 86 to a fused 12volts source, pin 30 to a good ground, and pin 87 of the relay to the solenoid wire from the car, pin 87a remains unused, if you're still unclear and you need more explanation although there really isn't much more except a diagram, you can post back, just to add, at any reputable electronics store near you, you should be able to purchase the relay that you need.
commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
yutakas 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2009 at 7:50 PM / IP Logged  
t&t tech wrote:
ok here's what, do you have a switch on the dash somewhere to control trunk release, the sentras i'm accustomed to that come with factory trunk release normally do, the signal at the switch is low current ground that drives the factory relay,normally this works fine straight from the alarm no relay needed, if this is not the case and you are driving the actual leg of the trunk release solenoid, then you will need a single pole double throw relay, on the relay there will be pins labelled by numbers, you wil be wiring it like this, pin 85 to your violet/white wire from the alarm, pin 86 to a fused 12volts source, pin 30 to a good ground, and pin 87 of the relay to the solenoid wire from the car, pin 87a remains unused, if you're still unclear and you need more explanation although there really isn't much more except a diagram, you can post back, just to add, at any reputable electronics store near you, you should be able to purchase the relay that you need.
yes you are right there is a trunk release switch on my dash i check the wire behind it's red and black and the red goes to my secu so i am able to do remote trunk pop with my factory remote
and right now i tried taping the Violet/white wire from my compustar to that red wire from trunk release switch on my dash to secu
which wont work somehow
so you mean if i have that switch i dont need extra relay but why it's not working
did i do wrong on connection?
the Violet/white from my compustar unit has -250ma trunk output
or should use yellow/white on my compustar unit which has -250ma also but it's AUX2
t&t tech 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2009 at 10:08 PM / IP Logged  

have you tried shorting the wire to a ground to see if it works, verify first that the signal is negative switched though, as i am not sure if the sentras you have are the same as the ones i work on, if the trunk does pop when you short to ground then make sure your alarm is signalling ground output when the auxillary is pressed, if it is and i doesn't work when you connect it directly then you will need the relay, but as i said in my previous post normally 200ma or so is enough to drive the pop, but then again that's the sentras i'm accustomed to. post back with your results.

yutakas 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2009 at 3:07 PM / IP Logged  
sorry for late replay~being busy~
this is the picture of my swtich infront
how to wire the trunk pop /w compustar - Page 2 -- posted image.
behind is a ground(black) and a +12v (red)
so trunk pop when 12v connect to ground
i assume as long as my compustar unit send a ground signal to 12v my trunk will pop
however i am not quite sure my voilet/white from CN4 the compustar unit
is ground signal
because on diagram only says 250ma trunk output
and where should be best way to tap the wire tap direct to the trunk switch or my secu
t&t tech 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2009 at 4:30 PM / IP Logged  
that's what i'm talking about, that 250ma output will suffice to perform the pop, just connect your violet/whie wire to the constant twelve wire behind the switch, i can't say which is the best place to tap the wire, but at this point behind the switch it is the safest, easiest connection to make. And all the units that i know the signal output is negative, i'm not familiar with the unit you are speaking of though, but im almost definite that the signal would be negative, key word being almost. 
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2009 at 6:48 PM / IP Logged  

Yes, the Compustars trunk release output is negative.

t&t tech 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2009 at 6:51 PM / IP Logged  
there you go.
mikvot 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2009 at 7:02 PM / IP Logged  

You are holding the trunk release button on your transmitter for at least 3 seconds? On the Compustars, when you hold the button for 3 seconds, the doors will unlock, and then the trunk will pop.

yutakas 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2009 at 8:34 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the reply i got it work by connecting my violet/white to the +12v red
and yes holding 3 s will make it release and unlock ~
is possible to change the holding time?
mikvot 
Posted: April 15, 2009 at 8:55 PM / IP Logged  
Not that i know of.....It's meant to prevent you from accidently popping the trunk.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic