the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2001 audi a4 bose

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
erinh 
Copper - Posts: 91
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2009 at 12:42 AM / IP Logged  
I am planning on installing Sirius and a GPS to an 2001 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro. It has the stock "Symphony" head unit and the Bose speakers. Does anyone have the wiring diagram for it? I'm mainly just looking for the switched 12V to tap into for these two devices.
Also for running the satellite antenna to the rear and to the roof, does anyone have any suggested paths and/or tips?
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,674
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 15, 2009 at 2:08 AM / IP Logged  
If the Audi's are anything like they were 20 years ago, the only tip I have for you is to trade the car in. It is probably not going to be a fun job.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2009 at 5:47 AM / IP Logged  
Don't:  Both the head unit if it's a CD tuner will be CAN controlled, if cassette it won't be BUT all units are front outputs only using the wierd Audi rear channels + sub through an Amp. The head unit doesn't have an ignition feed unless pre-CAN, ACC is either red thin or yellow/red at ign switch, ign is any BLACK/ blue from the fusebox. Sorry to be vague but the early 00s were nightmares for chopping and changing specs. If you are going to change the head, remove EVERYTHING inc. the speakers and rewire and start all over.
erinh 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2009 at 3:27 PM / IP Logged  
I'm installing an external Sirius unit, I'm not replacing the whole head unit. I'm just looking for somewhere to get power from. This has been a really easy job in every car before. I usually just use a switched wire going to the radio and a ground wire going to it and tap into those.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2009 at 4:19 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry, look for a yellow/red at ignition lead (ACC) or a BLACK/ blue at fusebox (IGN).
erinh 
Posted: March 16, 2009 at 5:51 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for responding, but what is CAN controlled? It has both CD and Cassette. It is Symphony, not Symphony II if that helps. Is there anyways to check? I tried googling but couldn't find anything for CAN controlled. I'm really hoping mine is pre-CAN and will have ignition feed!
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2009 at 2:39 PM / IP Logged  
It's easier to pick up the leads where I said rather than pull out the head unit, having said that my guess is it won't be a CAN unit and will have an ign wire, those sets are usually marked with the pin outs.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic