icon

choosing security system

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
affiatati7 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2009 at 10:53 AM / IP Logged  

I have been researching 2-way car security paging systems and have to say that I am confused as to which is the most reliable. Dealers seem to be opinionated to the brands they carry. Reviews online are vast.

I do know the features I would like are the following for a 2009 Jeep, 2 door Wrangler:

1- True one mile distance?

2- remote open doors and tailgate separately if possible
3- When canvas is down (this is a soft top) the alarm can sense an intrusion via adjustable shock sensor?
4- Can sensor adjust via remote?
5- Remote can inform when car has started?         
   How (visual/auditory)?
6- IMPORTANT! Large remote display (easy to see symbols) LCD vs. OLED? 
7- System can show temperature of inside vehicle?
8- Extend the run time of engine if needed via remote?
9- Remote shows countdown of how long engine will run before shutdown
10- Remote give visual and audible warnings  For which features?
11- Remote starter feature can shut off engine manually
12- Activate the alarm remotely with display showing activation
13- Unit has a multi tone siren
14- Parking Meter timer
15- Unit have LED anti theft display on dashboard
16- System can arm itself even if there is a faulty switch
17- System can bypass the sensor that sets system off repeatedly
18- Is system passive or active?
19- System has an immobilizer

I know I am asking for alot. I have looked at the following systems:

1- Compustar Pro P2WSSR

2- Autopage RS-1000OLED

3- Scytek Vision Guard 8000

4- Viper 5901 Responder

5- Prestige XR09100

6- Clifford Matrix 50.7X Responder LC3

7- Clifford 70.5X Color Responder R/B

Please help me make the right decision on this expensive and important investment.

If you know a better system please share.

Thank You,

Don Seddio

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2009 at 12:41 PM / IP Logged  

Oh I don't think we've enough space to answer all of your questions but I will try. 1 mile range? In the real world, i.e. buildings roads elevation etc go for half of that. Do you mean remote OPEN or remote unlock. The second is more likely and again in the real world more possible. Secondary unlock of the tailgate is also possible. Forget shock sensor with a softop, you'd be better off with a dual zone (outer warn away, inner trigger) proximity or field effect sensor.  4) on some.  5)All.  6)?  7)DEI = Clifford and Viper  8)No  9)No  10) As many as you could imagine.  11)All  12)It's called a PANIC  feature!              13) All  14)Some   15)All  16)Event by-pass  17)Yes  18)You programme it do NOT suggest passive.   19)All

The next point is that most of this product is similar and all are the best on the market. DEI product (Clifford, Viper and possibly Autopage) have been having problems with their remotes, there's a post about it on this site.

affiatati7 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2009 at 4:57 PM / IP Logged  

Thank you so much for your response. Out of the systems I have listed. Which one do you think would reliably fit the bill?

Don

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2009 at 5:38 PM / IP Logged  
The Compustar appears the most reliable.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2009 at 11:25 PM / IP Logged  
agree with the post about remotes coming back faulty. Compustar are sure reliable but now they are cheaping out on products.the parts used to be made in japan, now the products come from taiwan. its still better than "china". still good but could be better.
gomermarine 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2009 at 6:17 PM / IP Logged  

first time to do a forum.. I have the LC3 responder and it is great. I am still learning all the functions on it but they seem to be very usefull. I have not tested the one mile range but have been far enough to not see the vehicle and still get the responder to tell me. Unfortunately, the sound on the responder is not loud enough, so need to make sure it is set to tone+vibe. I also have a convertible and have the dual zone radar installed. It is touchy in setting up the range but once you have it to your likeing, it works very well. Since I have a manual transmission, I have a module to have the remote start function with a safety feature (steps to get it to work). Unfortunately, I havent found out how to get back in my vehicle (remote start activated) to get something and still have the remote start set. Once I get in my vehicle, I lose the remote start unless i go through the steps to set it back up. Almost all the features that affiatati7 asked earlier seems to be on the alarm that I have. For the ones that are not is not neccessarely missing, I just havent used it or found it on mine. Be more than will to give all the information that I have found

dswift 
Copper - Posts: 396
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2009 at 4:45 PM / IP Logged  
Compustar seems to fit your needs there buddy.
"dont ground out!"
affiatati7 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2009 at 6:40 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the help guys. Compustar it is. I ordered the one mile Pro series remote. Anybody have it?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic