icon

06 infiniti g35 coupe alarm wiring issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
money042 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2009 at 12:03 PM / IP Logged  

are there any options inside the cabin for the hood pin and tach sense?

Are these two even required to get the RS to work?

KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 10, 2009 at 12:12 PM / IP Logged  
It looks like on the '06 the hood pin signal goes to the IPDM (fuse box thing behind the battery).  You can pick up the tach at the ECU under the passenger dash - grab anyone of the 6 injector outputs (look at the EC.pdf file in the service manual above around page 105 or so for the ECU wiring info).
Kevin Pierson
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Posted: December 10, 2009 at 10:34 PM / IP Logged  
money042 wrote:

are there any options inside the cabin for the hood pin and tach sense?

Are these two even required to get the RS to work?

I've never found hoodpin inside on those cars.
I did manage to find tach under the passenger dash on ONE of these cars, which was GREEN / WHITE, but I never could find it again.
If you're using a transponder bypass module such as something from ADS or Fortin.
Your two questions about whether these things are necessary for operation.......if you use the search feature you can find lots of debate and disagreement.
But, to give you a direct and short answer:
Hoodpin: Remote start will work without hoodpin. However, it's a safety feature. The remote start would work all the time, even if the hood is open, even if someone has their hands on the drive belts.
Tach: Depending on how good the voltage-sense mode is on your remote starter, it'll work, yes. Most installers agree that tach sensing is better. Some think it's an absolute neccessity, and others hardly ever use it at all and have good results.
money042 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2009 at 8:42 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the feedback!

Is the tach for the "anti-grind" feature? As long as there's a tach "on" signal going to the RS, it knows not to let another "start" signal try to trigger it? I want to make sure I understand that. What is the RS looking for as far as the tach signal goes? Would any "on/positive" signal work? Say the Accessory? The accessory signal is powered when the car is on, right? Or is that not how it works? 

As for the hood pin, I can switch off the "Neutral Safety" switch when dropping the car off for service, yes? But I guess you're right, it is safer with the hood pin signal connected. I've got to run the siren wire thru the firewall anyway, might as well bring the hoodpin wire along with it. Anything else that needs to go into the engine bay?

Thanks, again!

money042 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2009 at 8:48 AM / IP Logged  
money042 wrote:

Would any "on/positive" signal work? Say the Accessory? The accessory signal is powered when the car is on, right? Or is that not how it works? 

Duh, no, that won't work. The accessory comes on even before the engine cranks. Nevermind that part.

KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Posted: December 11, 2009 at 9:59 AM / IP Logged  

The anti grind feature works by energizing the ground when armed wire while the vehicle is remote started.  This will effectively activate the starter kill and prevent the key from cranking the car WHILE the remote start is active.

A tach signal is typically a digital on/off signal with a frequency related to engine speed (ie a fuel injector pulses every other motor revolution).  Basically, with this signal, the remote start can calculate how fast the motor is spinning.

I would hook the hood pin up.  Like you said, just run the wire with the siren wire.

Kevin Pierson
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic