icon

2008 kia optima wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pv13 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2009 at 12:04 AM / IP Logged  
My dad just recently purchased a Pioneer AVH-P3100DVD for his 2008 Kia Optima, and he wants me to install it in his car.
I worked on many stereos in my life, but none this new. I am trying to figure what I might need to complete the install. Is there a factory amp, I have to bypass, or is the standard Kia harness and dash kit all that I need.
I also need help with locating the factory wire locations of the extra wires (parking brake wire, etc).
Thanks
maryland33 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2009 at 11:27 AM / IP Logged  
Nothing special here,you need a Metra harness 70-1004,same harness for a Kia with or without a factory amp.As for the kit,you need a Metra    95-7324 because the pioneer is a double din.Parking brake wire is Blue- in a brown plug on the back side of the fuse panel.Good luck
pv13 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2009 at 4:13 PM / IP Logged  
On the installation manual, it shows that you make a connection at the parking brake. Is it the same either way?
The only reason I asked about the amp is because I connected a pioneer stereo in my dad's 2001 kia optima before, and you could hear a kind of hissing noise coming out of the speaker while the stereo was on. I don't know if it was just because the stereo wasn't that great, or it conflicted with the cars amplifier.
pv13 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2009 at 9:05 PM / IP Logged  
How about the ORANGE / white illumination wire? It says to hook it up to the headlight switch, but do I just hook it up with the dimmer switch on the harness, or do I have to run the wire to the location of the headlight switch?
maryland33 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2009 at 1:53 PM / IP Logged  
Don't use the illumination wire,just cap it off,it's useless(in my opinion).
pv13 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2009 at 8:15 PM / IP Logged  
I agree with you in most cases, but doesn't the illumination wire protect the screen life when I have my headlights on? But if I wanted to connect the wire, the connection is still at the kia wire harness adapter right? Not elsewhere like the, parking switch.
maryland33 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2009 at 9:05 PM / IP Logged  
Yes at the harness,not the switch.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic