< Prev Topic Next Topic >
himynameisdrew 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2009 at 1:44 PM / IP Logged  

so heres my truck

2004 silverado 2500 HD work truck  ..crew cab 4x4 6.0L v8

what alarm will i buy? -- posted image.

this is my work truck & I usually keep tools in it, it is stripped to the bone including manual locks

I am sick of walking around to every door to lock & unlock it & would like to install power locks AND a security system to put my mind at ease.

I'm a total newb, but have been looking around... kinda overwhelming on what to buy.

what I want:

keyless entry on the same remote as the alarm

the remote to notify when truck alarm has been triggered

can anyone steer me in the right direction here, whats a good combo unit?

thanks

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2009 at 2:55 PM / IP Logged  
If a straight alarm without remote start, get a DEI (Clifford, Viper, Hornet) product with 6 lock outputs to directly control added lock actuators,  get one with a 2 way remote, that will inform you of any theft attempts.
himynameisdrew 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2009 at 8:44 PM / IP Logged  

howie ll wrote:
If a straight alarm without remote start, get a DEI (Clifford, Viper, Hornet) product with 6 lock outputs to directly control added lock actuators,  get one with a 2 way remote, that will inform you of any theft attempts.

i've tossed around the idea of a remote start too. 

if I go that route, got any suggestions?

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2009 at 4:39 AM / IP Logged  
Keep reading these posts, look at all the product claims, go to at least a couple of local shops, work in the business for 5 years, then ask the same question. Honestly I'm not being sarcastic at your expense,  it's like "how long is a piece of string", why didn't you buy a Ford or a Ram?. I would also add Compustar to the product list.
himynameisdrew 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2009 at 2:10 PM / IP Logged  

howie ll wrote:
Keep reading these posts, look at all the product claims, go to at least a couple of local shops, work in the business for 5 years, then ask the same question. Honestly I'm not being sarcastic at your expense,  it's like "how long is a piece of string", why didn't you buy a Ford or a Ram?. I would also add Compustar to the product list.

I know, I know.  Some new guy shows up and wants years & years of all the members experience & forum posts answered in one thread. 

I,ve been searching some of the brands recommended & I think I've narrowed it down.

viper 5901

python 991
 clifford MATRIX 50.7X

I really don't like obnoxious alarms, so the features I like are the warn-away low volume & the silent mode.

The above models seem so similar, all made by DEI, I'm guessing It's like a Chevy/ GMC thing?

When I check prices I am getting ranges from $270 to $649 for the same models?? I don't get it, they seem to be identical.

Oh well,  thanks for the help, sorry to ask answerless questions.  I'll keep researching... or just buy something I don't like.

t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2009 at 3:26 PM / IP Logged  
other members will echo, the new vipers example you 5901 mentioned above, are troublesome aith regards to the relaiability of the remotes, not familiar with you other systems, someone else will chime in there to help, just letting you know
commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic