icon

2008 nissan titian door lock problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hotrodinvi 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2009 at 8:24 PM / IP Logged  

had a installer put in a viper alarm in my 2008 nissan titan. he was unable to get the remote start working but every thing else worked. went back to him today and he was removing a relay that he had installed because he said the truck didn't need it. now after he did that nothing worked properly, the doors  would not lock and unlock you could here the bcm click like it is trying to do somthing but nothing happens. i can't even lock the doors with the switch in side it is like i have manual door locks. does any one have an idea what might have happened and what might be a solution to this problem.

thank you for your help

hotrod
james bond 007 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2009 at 10:02 PM / IP Logged  
Your truck needs a single (-) negative pulse to lock the doors, the wire is at the module, INSIDE the drivers door, and is a blue wire.  A double (-) negative pulse is needed to unlock the doors, this wire is INSIDE the drivers door at the module and is red.  You should take your truck back, so they can fix the problem, this will not cost you anything.  DLPK XPRESSKIT is the bypass mod needed for your truck, it will do locks, (so they won't have to take your door apart), transponder key, (you won't have to give up a key), only 1 is required for programming and alarm all in one.
hotrodinvi 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2009 at 12:02 PM / IP Logged  

i got the xpresskit and he installed it and every thing worked. he had installed somthing called a five wire relay and he was removing that when every thing stoped working. he reinstalled the relays and still it did not work. could he had damaged my bcm or could he have blown a fues of somthing else?

thank you for you help

hotrod
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2009 at 12:18 PM / IP Logged  
hotrodinvi wrote:

i got the xpresskit and he installed it and every thing worked. he had installed somthing called a five wire relay and he was removing that when every thing stoped working. he reinstalled the relays and still it did not work. could he had damaged my bcm or could he have blown a fues of somthing else?

thank you for you help

wow, talk about overkill. i dont see how anyone could confuse a negative pulse system with a 5 wire system. if i were you i would take it to someone who knows what they are doing.
so the locks still dont work? you can check to see if there are any cut wires at the lock switch in the drivers door. you can just pop it out carefully from the front of the switch, there are no screws holding it in, just a clip at the front. in the plug at the back of the switch you should see a blue and a red wire that are bigger than most of the other wires and there is also a black wire of the same thickness. you should make sure there is nothing wrong with those 3 wires.
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 22, 2009 at 1:52 PM / IP Logged  

It's not uncommon to five wire the door locks on a newer Nissan - you can five wire inside the car insteady of runing wires in to the doors - it's definately easier to add the two relays.

The only issue is that, unfortunately, the unlock wire inside the door is also the OEM disarm wire, so if you are doing security or a remote start you pretty much HAVE to go inside the door (or use a bypass module).

If he five wired the door locks make sure the cut wires were soldered back together.  You can then test both the lock and unlock actuator wires at rest and both should rest at ground.  Then, when you lock or unlock the doors the respective wire should pulse to 12vdc.  If something shorted out it's very possible some of the traces on the BCM were damaged - that should be an easy fix with a soldering iron.

Kevin Pierson
hotrodinvi 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2009 at 6:53 PM / IP Logged  

thank all of you. i removed the bcm and check it. smelled like somthing was burnt. opened it and saw that a wire was damaged  i solder it back and now everything works. do you think i should replace the bcm or should in be fine like that?

thanks again

hotrod
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 22, 2009 at 9:25 PM / IP Logged  

I personally wouldn't worry about replacing the BCM unless it starts to give you problems.  The door lock outputs of the BCM are relay controlled, so most likely it was just a switch contact and no "real" elecftronics that were hurt.

Kevin Pierson
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2009 at 12:21 PM / IP Logged  
i had to resolder a trace in a 05 maxima bcm once, everything worked fine after that and ive never seen it again.
loneranger 
Copper - Posts: 572
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2009 at 2:03 PM / IP Logged  
I smell something besides a burnt trace, if you know what I mean.
Ideal - cmon dude, add to topics in a useful manner, not stuff that is obvious.
Story - Phzzzt! Hey, what happened?! ... Isn't it obvious?
Moral - Never dismiss the obvious.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic