icon

kenwood divx support?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hurtado_roberto 
Copper - Posts: 196
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2009 at 10:06 PM / IP Logged  

I have a Kenwood KVT-719DVD HU and I'm trying to make a DVD disk with music videos and family guy episodes.  The manual states that it supports DVD-R, DVR+R, and DVD+or-RW with MP3, WMA, AAC, JPEG, MPEG, and DivX.  Since some of my files are in DivX, I was wondering how I could write them on a video DVD while still retaining it's DivX format.

I've tried burning a dvd with about 120 files while following the stereo's file structure limitations but the stereo does not recognize the disk in either disk read mode 1 or 2.  The only way I've been successful at watching a burned music video is by converting it to the standard DVD format, but this takes a long time and it uses considerably more space than a DivX formatted video file.

What's the purpose of stating that the stereo supports DivX if you have to use a video authoring program to converting the files to .vob files?  It only supports DivX videos through Disk.  iPod videos work but in mp4 format only, I think.  USB videos are not supported at all.

Does anyone have experience with DivX playback on a stereo.

Poly Dollies
hurtado_roberto 
Copper - Posts: 196
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2009 at 10:35 PM / IP Logged  
I solved my problem.  I assumed windows fanalized the cd if you chose the option to make it readable on most computers and dvd players, but it doesn't.  I used Nero and it worked when I finalized my disk. This stereo is pretty nice.  I was able to fit over 100 videos including divx (.avi) family guy episodes and music videos on one DVD.
Poly Dollies

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic