icon

Bose Speakers

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Smitty3572 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2003 at 9:24 AM / IP Logged  
I have a set of Bose Speakers that came out of a 2002 Nissan Altima. I was wanting to put them in my vehicle but lookin at the airing connections. One speaker has 2 wires the other has 5. After looin at the Bose website it is stated that the speakers/systems are designed for each vehicle for optimum sound. Is there a way to connect these speakers or are they just trash. They are 6 3/4" diameter.
Smitty3572
esmith69 
Gold - Posts: 1,511
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2003 at 10:53 PM / IP Logged  
What kind of vehicle are you trying to put them in to?  What kind of stereo system exists in this vehicle?  Unfortunately with most bose systems there's a lot more to it than just finding the right plugs.  But let us know your vehicle details and we might be able to figure out something for you.
Smitty3572 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2003 at 8:15 AM / IP Logged  
My main concern is can they be connected to another vehicle. Because Bose says they can only be used in the car designed for. I drive a 2001 Durango with a pioneer head with 10 disc changer. I have recently just installed a couple 6 3/4" Pioneer TS-A1767 speakers in the rear doors. Also is there a factory spot in the rear of the vehicle to install other speakers? My kids claim not to be able to hear radio very wekk while they aare in the back seat (3rd seat) I dont want to install anything that will sit in the back in way of everything. Thnx.
foote1982 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2003 at 8:19 AM / IP Logged  

your best bet would to just buy new speskers to replace the bose one's.

the reason for this is that bose uses their own amp to run their speakers in a factory system, all the extra wires you are seeing is for the wiring of each set of speakers to that amp, most bose speakers have multiple wire's and most have crossovers installed on each speaker.

Smitty3572 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2003 at 1:54 PM / IP Logged  
Ya thats what i was thinkin but hard to toss a good pair of speakers :/
foote1982 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2003 at 4:54 PM / IP Logged  
yes that is a shame
greenbroncoguy 
Copper - Posts: 299
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2003 at 12:34 PM / IP Logged  

You could connect the bose speakers to the other car, but the bose components that came in the nissan cars and most other factory installations are 1 ohm speakers. thus, if you did hook them up to something else, there would be little if any sound comming from them

esmith69 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2003 at 12:45 PM / IP Logged  
Actually since they're 1 ohm speakers they'd more than likely fry the amplifier that's trying to drive them, because the bose speakers would be asking for too much power from whatever is amplifying them.  Now if you had a full bose system and replaced one of the bose speaker with an aftermarket speaker, that one replaced speaker would be about half as loud as the rest of the existing bose system because it's putting up more resistance than the other speakers.  Pretty sure that's the way it works...
esmith69 
Posted: March 30, 2003 at 1:02 PM / IP Logged  

There's supposed to be spots for 8 total speakers in 6 locations, and I know that for most chrysler vehicles they run the same wiring regardless of whether or not you get the infinity sound system.  The wiring is done in series so you don't have to worry about the extra speakers putting too much load on the head unit.

I'm pretty sure the extra speaker locations are gonna be just for tweeters, no bigger than 1.5 inches, but I could be wrong.  Technically in most chryslers you can put in 3.5s with a little extra work and creativity--I'd recommend that over just adding tweeters cuz you'll get more full sound with 3.5s.

Just look for a spot on each side of the vehicle that has what looks like a speaker grille, or spots where sound would be able to travel out.  They might be up in the rear side pillars, not sure yet.  Definitely let us know if you find anything out.

greenbroncoguy 
Copper - Posts: 299
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2003 at 5:43 AM / IP Logged  
most bose systems have tweeters int the front a-pillars and that is the only place that there are tweeters to my knowledge. although I could be wrong...
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic