icon

noise in picture on video system

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
loosingmymind 
Copper - Posts: 103
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2009 at 5:03 PM / IP Logged  

I hve an interesting thing happening to an install i am working on.

I put four 15" flip down monitors in a tour bus conected to a JVC 7400 single din dvd player.  There are also 8 4x6's in the overhead compartment over the seats. There is no engine noise in the audio... however; the picture has a slight bit of interfearance that looks similar to water in the picture.  The louder i turn up the sound, the worse the interfearance gets.

I have changed out the headunits.  Changed out the cables. Tried different screens. Ran a new ground from the source unit and screens to the battery. No change.  Ran a new power sounce from the battery. Still no change.  I even tried a high power 12 amp noise filter on the constant power lead and ground. That di nothing either. I am getting a constant 13.6v and the source unit and the monitors.  When i turn off the source unit; there is no interfearance in the picture to any of the screens. And, i am also using a 4 way video signal booster that i have also changed out, 2 no avail.

I am starting to pull hair out of my head. Can anyone offer any ideas that maybe i havn't tried.

Tahnks in advance.

David

David Fancher
USACi World Finals 2006
4th Place SQ PRO 601+
loosingmymind 
Copper - Posts: 103
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2009 at 5:37 PM / IP Logged  
Also,  this interfearance is still there even when the bus isn't running.
David Fancher
USACi World Finals 2006
4th Place SQ PRO 601+
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,670
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 26, 2009 at 5:58 PM / IP Logged  
Try running video to only one monitor without going through the amplifier.  If video is clean then, put the amp back in the circuit.  Notice the status of the noise.  Try not to lose your mind or pull your hair out. 

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic