icon

Doors unlock when remote starting

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
grundler1975 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2003 at 11:51 AM / IP Logged  
I have a 97 bmw 328I convertible and I just finished installing a viper 550 esp and everything works great except when I remote start the car, the doors unlock. I have tried this without the RS and just using the key to lock the doors and then start the car with the key the doors also unlock. This is a factory feature of the car not the alarm, is there anyway to bypass this, or should I just use another wire to relock the doors? If this is the best option how do I do that?
sparkyssb 
Copper - Posts: 205
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2003 at 1:16 PM / IP Logged  
Did your doors unlock when you started the car before you installed the RS/alarm? If so, then yes, it would more than likely be a car issue. However, if they didn't, you probably didn't install the unit right unless the unit has an option to unlock the doors on RS. Check with the programming manual.
If for whatever reason this isn't the case, then yes, you could 'rig' it so that the doors would recieve a pulse when it would start to lock the doors. However, this is where things get a little difficult. You would need to include some kind of timer so that it would wait a second before it sent the pulse to the lock wire of the doors. It's kind of a stupid way about going to fix this because it would be a little half-ass but in reality, I do believe it can be done.
Take care.
grundler1975 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2003 at 2:41 PM / IP Logged  
it did it before the alarm was installed. When you use the key it double locks the locks and everything is closed, even the gas tank lid. If you just install the lock and unlock wires like the diagram shows it will only lock and unlock the doors and the trunk button, but not the gas tank. Doing it this way the locks do stay locked while RS. Someone told me how to double lock with the alarms system by sending the lock pulse down the lock and unlock wires at the same time and use diodes to isolate them. This worked great everything locked, but when you remote start it unlocks the doors.
jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2003 at 4:50 PM / IP Logged  
I am curious, does your car have deadbolt locks? If so, you can damage your locks if you attempt to unlock them with an aftermarket keyless entry while the deadbolts are locked. When you say that the doors double lock, that is what came to mind, that the second lock is the deadbolt. Just in case, I would check this out:
BMW Deadbolt Locks
J Rilla
Owner/Installer

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic