icon

2001 nissan frontier aux lighting

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mbarr69 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2009 at 6:37 PM / IP Logged  
I have a couple of questions concerning off road lights. I want to add 6 off road lights to my 01 nissan frontier and I need to know the best way to wire everything and if I would need to upgrade anything to accomplish this.
Equipment;
2 Fog- KC HiLites 57(5X7) series All-Season   lights(KC #735). These are 55watts and   7,500 candlepower w/ amber lens.
2 Long Range- KC HiLites 57(5X7) series Long Range lights(KC #740). These are 100watts and 160,000 candlepower.          
2 Flood- KC HiLites 57(5X7) series Flood           lights(KC #717). These are 55watts and 12,000 candlepower.
My total wattage is 420watts/ that by a 12volt system= 35amps
Here is a diagram I made and I would be using the supplied relays that came with each set of lights. I would like both Fog lights to be on one switch, the two long range on one switch and the left and right flood lights on separate switche
mbarr69 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2009 at 6:45 PM / IP Logged  
2001 nissan frontier aux lighting -- posted image.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 17, 2009 at 8:10 PM / IP Logged  

You need to place the fuse holders as near the battery as possible.  You may want to connect the switches to a switched power source so you do not run the battery down if you forget to turn them off.     Other than that, it all looks good to me.

mbarr69 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2009 at 10:45 PM / IP Logged  
Hey guys, I have an 01 Frontier and I want to add some lights. I do mostly camping and some light off-roading.
So here is what I'm looking at. Please let me know your suggestions and comments.
EQUIPMENT;
1. Fog-              KC HiLites 57(5X7) series All-Season   lights(KC #735). These are 55watts and   7,500 candlepower w/ amber lens.
2. Long Range- KC HiLites 57(5X7) series Long Range lights(KC #740). These are 55watts and 167,000 candlepower.          
3. Flood-           KC HiLites 57(5X7) series Flood           lights(KC #717). These are 55watts and 12,000 candlepower.
Here is a diagram. I want to wire the fogs by themselves, the long range by themselves and the each flood separately. I'll be using 10 AWG and 12 AWG wire and fuse and relay boxes.
Total wattage is 420/12 volt system= 35amps. I have an amp and a CB in the truck as well. Will the stock alternator work or will I need to go with something with more amps. If I'm not mistaken I believe the Nissans have an 80amp alt.
Has anyone purchased a HL62942 ATC Fuse Box? I need some help in running the power from the battery to the block. There is no main terminal and I would like to run one main wire and branch off that to provide the power for each of the circuits.
mbarr69 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2009 at 10:49 PM / IP Logged  
mbarr69 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2009 at 12:09 AM / IP Logged  
I know it's crude but what do you think of this? Also, what would be the best way to run the power to all the positive sides on the fuse box?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2009 at 7:45 PM / IP Logged  
You could use your amplifier cable from the battery, split it at  a distribution box, eg Stinger to feed your 12 outputs as fusebox inputs. Here's another wiring thought. ground to switch to 85,  power from fusebox  to 30 and 86, output to an LED and the light. This keeps your switch wiring thinner and you can use lower rated switches. Also keep those fuse and relay boxes inside the vehicle to avoid corrosion. Do like the relay box, haven't seen it here, what's the source?
mbarr69 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2009 at 8:32 PM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
You could use your amplifier cable from the battery, split it at  a distribution box, eg Stinger to feed your 12 outputs as fusebox inputs. Here's another wiring thought. ground to switch to 85,  power from fusebox  to 30 and 86, output to an LED and the light. This keeps your switch wiring thinner and you can use lower rated switches. Also keep those fuse and relay boxes inside the vehicle to avoid corrosion. Do like the relay box, haven't seen it here, what's the source?
The relay and fuse box piggy back together. They are from www.rallylights.com. I'm looking to return mine if you would like to buy mine instead. I'm going with the Blue Sea 5026 fuse block.
mbarr69 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2009 at 9:00 PM / IP Logged  
Check out this link to see pics of them piggy backed together;
http://www.nissanoffroad.net/messageboard/index.php?topic=6480.0
Not sure if you'll see the pics if your not a mamber. If not let me know and I'll see if I can post em'

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic