icon

cold system better sound?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kwguy 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2009 at 9:51 PM / IP Logged  
hey guys finally got my set up done my only thing is that when i first turned it on it sounded preatty good deep bass and everything but after a wile it started sounding not that good and now my mids sound horrible do yall think it can be my rca;s or what can be going wrong
kwguy 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2009 at 10:02 PM / IP Logged  
also what is better i have two dual 4 ohm subs and a 1 ohm stable amp is it better for me to wire the subs to 1 ohm or is that too much what will sound better more ohms or less
lil evo 
Copper - Posts: 61
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2009 at 10:18 PM / IP Logged  
Would be helpful to know exactly what you've got installed
kwguy 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2009 at 10:49 PM / IP Logged  

jvc camaleon hu

merlon audio 1900 pro for the subs

merlon audio 1000w 4 channel for mids

infinity kapas in all four doors

all the wires are merlon

merlon_audio 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2009 at 5:20 PM / IP Logged  
You must tune the meam50.4 to not play the bass threw your speakers using the crossover in you radio and amplifier otherwise you will blow them out due to bass distortion. Also it could be a problem with the way your speakers are wired to the amp they could possible grounded out or the speakers and making the amp play in the incorrect ohm load. The Infinity kappas are 2ohm speakers which is a load that amp can handle. I was Justy curious what woofers fo you have on you MEAM1900pro. That amp is our top of the line it can run even at .5 ohm load for short competition burst to create the most spl, the amp will run at 1ohm load all day long with out a problem so don't worry about that. Just check to see if your woofer can handle the raw power the amp will throw at it before wireing down to one ohm load.
Merlon Audio
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2009 at 5:51 PM / IP Logged  
merlon_audio wrote:
You must tune the meam50.4 to not play the bass threw your speakers using the crossover in you radio and amplifier otherwise you will blow them out due to bass distortion. Also it could be a problem with the way your speakers are wired to the amp they could possible grounded out or the speakers and making the amp play in the incorrect ohm load. The Infinity kappas are 2ohm speakers which is a load that amp can handle. I was Justy curious what woofers fo you have on you MEAM1900pro. That amp is our top of the line it can run even at .5 ohm load for short competition burst to create the most spl, the amp will run at 1ohm load all day long with out a problem so don't worry about that. Just check to see if your woofer can handle the raw power the amp will throw at it before wireing down to one ohm load.
I am certain there is a sentence in there... Somewhere. Hell, there might even be a paragraph, as well!
All I was able to read was blahblahblahblahblahblahblah.
merlon_audio wrote:
You must tune the meam50.4 to not play the bass through your speakers using the crossover in you radio and amplifier otherwise you will blow them out due to bass distortion.
Wrong answer. NO speaker will ever blow due to distortion. Mechanical or even electrical overpowering, but they CANNOT blow from distortion.
Now. That being said, define "cold". Like freezing temperatures? The colder it is, the stiffer the suspensions will be, affecting the acoustic alignment of the subwoofer box. This could answer the bass issue.
As far as the mid-range issue, what kind of noise or "off-color" sound are you hearing?
Does it also seem odd to other members that one person from Texas posts a question, and ANOTHER member, also from Texas, but joined TODAY, was conveniently there to "answer the question", but singing the praises of the very product the OP was asking after...? Sounds a little SPAMmy to me.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 20, 2009 at 9:05 PM / IP Logged  

If it were me I would purchase an amplifier before I installed all of that equipment.

mrdond 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2009 at 11:53 PM / IP Logged  
It's not just you haemphyst... seems like a little bit of product placement to me.  Although if I were to do the same I wouldn't be discussing the problems of my products lol.
Be original yet acceptable.
merlon_audio 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2009 at 5:57 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry I happen to be a very satisfied Merlon Audio Customer and I just wanna use what knowledge I have to help someone out with the problems there encountering. Im pretty sure youve all boasted on your favorite brands before also.
Merlon Audio

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic