icon

viper 5900 alarm falsing

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2009 at 5:09 PM / IP Logged  
Oh just look at DEI #1076 on this site.  You don't need a relay,  10 diodes are cheaper,  if you use resistor do it on doors and trunk diode join the door contacts then strap your 10k resistor up to the units 5amp power supply,  diodes are more reliable in practice.
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,428
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2009 at 5:17 PM / IP Logged  
the only thing is the doors rest on ground and open circuit when doors are opened   same with trunk and hood pin   so going to door latches isnt going to work
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
leoeayers 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2009 at 5:17 PM / IP Logged  
Where would I find each door trigger wire and what collors are they Thanks
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2009 at 6:38 PM / IP Logged  
OK ask yourself this on most cars each door contact will go to ground when the door is opened,  very few,  Rolls Royce and some early Fords,  Mercedes and BMW trunk leads go live on opening,   some Fords go to ground when the door is shut and go open circuit when the door is opened. Test and if your's does this,  there is a specific DEI accessory  to counter this and revert to normally closed (i.e. goes to ground) when door is opened.  Test to see if this is the case then speak to DEI tech for the part details.  Personally I don't think this vehicle did this back then so double check.
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,428
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2009 at 8:05 PM / IP Logged  
i didnt know DEI made a module to revert that good to know Howie    alot of fords do this i know alot of the new fords do this   The LS i think always did     most of the hood pins are this way too so end up running my own
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic