2009 tacoma with viper 5900

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
spithead051 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2009 at 8:40 PM / IP Logged  

I'll keep this short and sweet..

I have a 2009 Tacoma Access Cab with only the keyless entry (did not have the security system installed by the manufacturer). I want to install a Viper 5900 remote start and security system with the glass break sensor, tilt sensor, and power windows control.

Are there any additional parts that I will need (override modules, etc.) to install this setup? Also, if anyone has done this before is there any advice you can give me before I order everything I need?

Thanks,

profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2009 at 9:45 PM / IP Logged  
I did couple of 08 double cab w/ RS. i think i used keyless bypass from bypasskit, pkt2, cant remember too much. it was nothing tricky about the installations. everything was on the diagram. i crossed-reference several diagrams on here.
didnt install any accessories like you mentioned.
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
shaip99 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2009 at 10:45 PM / IP Logged  

fortin make a great bypass for this vehicle keyoverrideall just follow the directions they make it really easy (the good thing about this one is you are not cutting the wires for the bypass you just tap onto them)

the 530t from dei for the windows is your best bet but you will need to go into the doors for that

as for the tilt and glass breakage just check your local shop dei makes some great sensors

two starter wires two ignitions and power are at the ignition harness(if its a manual trans you can get you clutch bypass wire at the clutch override button on the dash so you dont have to go to the clutch just power it like a regular start wire (black yellow i think) 

the parklights and brake is on the front of the fuse box

the door pins are a bit more complex you have to take the fusebox out (a few 10mm bolts ) its one wire on the back of it green on the top center plug

tach is at the diagnostic plug

only things that you need to run under the hood is hoodpin and siren

hope this helps

"Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd
all run around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive
music."-Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc.
spithead051 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2009 at 11:11 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the help so dar. I'm having my installers install the system at Best Buy. They already did one on my '98 Civic. The problem is that they haven't this system on an '09 Tacoma so they needed to know what bypass system would be best. Would the xk05 from Viper work?http://www.viper.com/P-XK05/Xpresskit+Programmable+Platform+%23+05%3a+Transponder+Override+Interface. I can get this at a decent discount so this would be best.
spithead051 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2009 at 11:17 PM / IP Logged  
EDIT: The truck is an automatic so I don't have to worry about a clutch
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2009 at 11:33 PM / IP Logged  
The xk05 will work.... The info and compatibility for this module can be found on bypasskits website...which anyone can access. It is not the easiest module to install.....I prefer the Fortin keyoveride all as mentioned by a previous poster, and I've used different bypasses on this exact vehicle... the xk05, pkall...and the keyoveride all.
spithead051 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2009 at 11:39 PM / IP Logged  
thanks mikvot. I work at Best Buy so I get free labor and they know what they are doing with the moajority of cars. Some of the newer ones confuse them and they said a bypass switch was needed. I'm going to get the Fortin key override because that seems to be the easiest one to install. Thanks for the help
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2009 at 11:54 PM / IP Logged  
If you get free labor, then the xk05 will work fine not to mention, will cost less. My only complaint about the xk05 , is the labor involved to install, versus the keyoveride all.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic