icon

autopage rs 1000 and 1998 chrysler van

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nightowl2 
Copper - Posts: 91
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2009 at 5:17 PM / IP Logged  
I tried to post this in the thread I started almost a year ago but couldn't. I used a Directed 528T timer to disconnect the door trigger circuit for a short period to avoid a false trigger when remote starting a 1998 Chrysler van. I had a problem with the factory alarm on this van (first and so far only factory alarm I have had to deal with). When we would remote start the AutoPage would unlock before remote starting but the process was to long and we would get a door open violation. it was suggested to use the timer to disconnect the circuit and that worked perfectly, till now. Not, we are getting problems like before except only when the dome light is on. If the dome light is on the vehicle will not unlock or lock. I the dome light is off is will disarm and remote start just fine. I checked all connections and nothing has come loose and since I solder all my connections I didn't think that was the problem but wanted to eliminate some things. This system has been working just fine for almost a year. This just started out of the blue. Any ideas?
nightowl2 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2009 at 5:18 PM / IP Logged  
The van is a 1998 Chrysler Town and Country with factory alarm.
nightowl2 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2009 at 5:35 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, the vehicle will not lock or unlock if the dome light is on even using the factory door lock switch. I have checked just about every connection, every wire, everything I can think of. I do know I have never had any troubles with any othre alarm install. I don't think I will be attempting another on a vehicle with a factory alarm.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic