icon

Wiring 2 Audiobahn AW1251T

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
heavyc1987 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2009 at 10:40 PM / IP Logged  
Audio experts know tricks to making subs beat harder. If I have 2 Audiobahn AW1251T subs which are 4 ohm dual voice coil... then how would I wire them to get the loudest bass out of them. I've seen ppl take the same set of speakers and hook them up one way and they beat and then hook them up totally different and they beat way harder. How would I achieve this with my subs    let's just say I have a Pioneer 760 2 channel amp.   Can any1 help???
James aka HeavyC
heavyc1987 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2009 at 10:43 PM / IP Logged  
Lmao   sry. 96 Chevy Camaro RS    have the custom trunk box and I meant 760 watt 2 channel pioneer amp
James aka HeavyC
lil evo 
Copper - Posts: 61
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2009 at 11:03 PM / IP Logged  
You're talkinga about Series vs. Parallel wiring. Wring a dual 4 ohm speaker down to 2 ohms will lower the resistance, but keep in mind that as you lower resistance, the amount of current that you amp will need is going to increase as well. You need to be sure that you've got the appropriate guage power and ground wires, Be sure that the amplfier that you're using is going to be able to handle a low resistance load like that.
heavyc1987 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2009 at 11:19 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah   I figured that and it SAYS it will handle a 2 ohm load so I guess I will see. The Wires r no problem... I got a 2 guage kicker wiring kit. So which is the hardest beat and how do I  get it? 
James aka HeavyC
nstaller36695 
Copper - Posts: 106
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2009 at 2:33 AM / IP Logged  

that amp is only 2ohm stereo stable. so u can wire down to 2ohm per sub u just have to wire them 1 per channel. the only way i've kept from blowing those boxes apart is by reinforcing them with fiberglass. also the box fitting the cars has NOTHING to do with the box matching the woofers. check the specs. camaros always pound. and u might want to wire the woofers to 8ohms each and just bridge the amp. make sure you upgrade the factory ground wire at the battery and use a bolt, remove the paint from where you ground  your wires. the kicker amp kit should have came with a distribution block if not you might want to pick one up, i mean you only need 60 or 80 amps of current which a 8ga or 4ga wire would be fine

the best part of a job is seeing the bumper get smaller over the horizon
heavyc1987 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2009 at 1:20 PM / IP Logged  
Ok i got u. But trust when I say that there is no way this box is coming apart off of 2 audiobahn 12's. Especially with only a 760 watt pioneer. But thanks for the info   I also believe that the 8 ohm wiring is going to give up the beating i'm trying to put on these 2 subs. Also the box has 4x4 round port in it so I think the box will be fine   I just need to know which setup is going to pound the hardest. And from what every1 is telling me   the 2ohm setup is the way 2 go.
James aka HeavyC
mattb21 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2009 at 6:14 PM / IP Logged  
j.reed 
Copper - Posts: 716
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2009 at 6:38 PM / IP Logged  
2ohm ohm stereo vs a 4 ohm bridge is going to give you the same power either way.
Wiring 2 Audiobahn AW1251T -- posted image.
heavyc1987 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2009 at 7:50 PM / IP Logged  
I'm not askin that. I know for a fact... and my amp even says it that a 2 ohm load will get more power from it than a 4ohm load will. But I need 2 know how 2 do it right.
James aka HeavyC
mattb21 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2009 at 3:35 AM / IP Logged  
2 ohm stereo and 4 ohm bridge will give you the same power, therefore giving you an equivalent amount of power.. either way! That is the best you will get out of this amp, point blank pretty much. The only reason I would say use a series / parallel configuration is because the four ohm load will be higher (while still having the same output as a two ohm, single channel load) BUT it will be 'easier' on your amp.
Just my two cents.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic