icon

2007 Sentra BCM Location

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mindcontrola 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2009 at 7:49 PM / IP Logged  
I'm in need of some info. My girlfriend has a 2007 Sentra base model with power door locks but no keyless entry. I bought all the parts for a remote start alarm. I had it installed at a local shop. The bypass module that I bought to get installed was the Xpresskit xk07. The installer claimed that he could not find the BCM nor the wires for the BCM so he did not install the Bypass module. I did not do any research before getting the module so I do not know where the wires nor the BCM are located. After taking another look at the bypasskit.com website, it seems they have a pdf for the module. [url]http://www.bypasskit.com/ manuals/1059_XK07521 _H00 _S00_D02_I_EN.pdf[/url]
The pdf says the wires are above the steering column. I ripped the panels off and found a plug with wires on the back of the steering wheel, on my right side. I also see another plug further back with less wires.
Is the plug right behind the steering wheel on the right the correct one? Can someone verify the wires and or pin #s? I think the installed used older wiring diagram which stated the location of the BCM to be behind the glove box and he said it was not there. I am speechless and $350 for labor alone without the bypass installed. Please let me know if any one knows about this car. Much appreciated.
loneranger 
Copper - Posts: 572
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2009 at 9:02 PM / IP Logged  
Someone got ripped.
Ideal - cmon dude, add to topics in a useful manner, not stuff that is obvious.
Story - Phzzzt! Hey, what happened?! ... Isn't it obvious?
Moral - Never dismiss the obvious.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 05, 2009 at 9:36 PM / IP Logged  
Battery GREEN (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS Ignition 1 YELLOW (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS Accessory 1 RED (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS Accessory 2 BLUE (+) IGNITION SWITCH Starter 1 WHITE (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS Anti-Theft Type NISSAN NVISŪ VEHICLE IMMOBILIZER Anti-Theft Descript THE KEY SENDS AN RF SIGNAL TO THE BCM MODULE THROUGH AN ANTENNA LOCATED AROUND THE IGNITION CYLINDER Key Sense RED / BLUE (+) AT COLUMN Tachometer RED (-) DRIVERS SIDE FUEL INJECTOR Speed Sense GRAY (AC) IN HARNESS TO GAUGES Parking Lights RED (+) DRIVERS KICK Brake Lights RED / GREEN (+) AT SWITCH Reverse Lights WHITE/ BLUE (+) IN HARNESS IN DRIVER KICKPANEL TO REAR Horn GREEN (-) 32 PIN CONNECTOR ABOVE DRIVERS KICK posted_image Alarm Indicator LIGHT BLUE (-) AT BCM MODULE TO RIGHT OF RADIO BEHIND DASH
mindcontrola 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2009 at 11:42 PM / IP Logged  
Yes. Ripped. I was/am trying to get the Xpresskit XK07 installed. I am assuming the CAN high and low are at the BCM? He told me that there is none since he could not find it. I had a bad weekend.
I am assuming the High and Low CAN wires are in the same location as the Alarm indicator wires (light blue)? Thanks a lot btw.
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Posted: April 06, 2009 at 8:23 AM / IP Logged  

According to the service manual for the '07 Sentra the BCM is above the steering column:

2007 Sentra BCM Location -- posted image.

For the rest of the wiring check out this link: http://www.nicoclub.com... 2007_Sentra/bcs.pdf

Kevin Pierson
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Posted: April 06, 2009 at 9:16 AM / IP Logged  
1. Those pictures from Kevin look about right. At least the shape/size of the plugs is perfect.
2. Operate the power locks on the car. The BCM will make clicking sounds when you hit the locks, making it easier to find. If you get your hands around it, you can even feel the clicking.
3. This "installer" you had sounds like he gives up too easily. Also has probably never heard of Google.
4. Once you find the BCM, the wires there are hard to get at anyway. But there are better ways.
5. At the OBDII plug under the driver's dash (the computer plug where the mechanics plug into the car), you can get most of what you need.
Hold the plug with the wires facing away from you, and the thicker part of the plug facing up.
Bottom-right pin: constant
Top-right pin: ignition
Top row, third over from right: CAN High
Bottom row, third over from right: CAN Low
Top row, fifth over from right: ground.
6. To get the LED wire, you can either get the wire at the BCM, or take the instrument cluster out. The BCM is the easier of the two.
Reach up there, unplug the 2x20 pin plug, and cut open the covering on the wires.
The backside of the pin IS labeled, although it's very tiny...........you'll see on the corners, pins 1, 20, 21, and 40 are marked........that should guide you to pin 38.
If you hold the plug with the wires facing you, the clip facing up.......38 should be in the bottom row, third from left.
Cut that wire in half, a LONG piece of wire to each half. Make it neat (zip-tie or re-wrap with tape or whatever you like), plug it back into BCM.
Take those two long pieces of wire you hooked up, and extend them over to the pink and pink/white from the XK07.
mindcontrola 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2009 at 9:31 AM / IP Logged  
Thank you so much. KPierson, you are my hero. I am going to give it a look tonight.
I guess it would make sense why the installer was not able to find it since the wiring diagram he was using said the BCM was behind the glovebox. I suppose he thought he would see it once removing the glovebox. I noticed last night that he left the glovebox light hanging off to the side too. I happened to see the light from the vent. No way I am going back again. If I don't post back, then I guess all went well.
I even tried to look for the BCM last night without even knowing what it looks like. When I was replacing a screw that required me pulling on the Hood Release while replacing the screw, my hand slipped, I hit my face, and broke my glasses. Completely cracked my right lens in two. Not a great weekend. Seriously thank you so much. We both really appreciate your help.
mindcontrola 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2009 at 9:51 AM / IP Logged  
I didn't want to double post, but I wanted to respond to Chris Luongo.
I too thought he gave up too quickly. I handed her car over around noon. He was supposed to call back in about a few hours after. By 6pm, we decided to call. He said the XK07 was incompatible or something. To me, that was just not logical. I drove over there and hopped in to their bay with him still working on the car. Siren still not hooked, and it seemed like he was just installing the glass break sensor. I was holding back certain words while asking why he can't find the BCM and waiting for his explanation on why there might not be one.
But, thanks Chris. Good info. With your post, I might be able to finish the job with my quick splice skills. I did find information somewhere else where it said the two CAN wires are at the OBDII plug. He knew that too. What stopped him was the security light wire. I am not sure if I should finish the job or make him finish it. Thanks again.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic