icon

2008 accord fad goes nutz when r/start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
souljah972 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2009 at 9:18 PM / IP Logged  
I installed a Viper 5901 in my 2008 Honda Accord coupe, im having a problem with disarming the factory alarm when I remote start it. I wired it like i read on other post on here, diode split the unlock wire to the brown unlock wire and white factory disarm wire. Everything works fine arm, disarm. But when i remote start the factory alarm goes nutz. I have to unlock, R/S, then rearm SUCKS. Im NOT using the  OEM  Alarm disarm wires from the Viper, sounds like they would help but I dnt know how I would wire them as I already wired it the other way. By the way I tried using the XK07 and the CANMAX400dei both loaded with the right firmware, and those things SUCK! can't get them to work right for s@#$. So I hard wired everything.
Live For The Music
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2009 at 9:38 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, use the factory disarm wire on the remote start. This will send a (-) pulse to the disarm wire of the car before remote start, or send a (-) pulse upon unlock. That is the reason they include this wire. Just using diodes on the unlock doesn't do anything for you upon remote start.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 10, 2009 at 12:06 PM / IP Logged  
From everything I've heard, the XK07 doesn't work correctly on the Accord, and Trilogix/DEI doesn't even make any comments about the issue.
But anyway, yeah, just splice the "factory alarm disarm" wire from your Viper, onto the unlock wire that you already have running into the driver's door, and you should be all set.
souljah972 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2009 at 4:58 PM / IP Logged  
Well the only way i can unlock my car is to diode split the unlock wire from the alarm to the unlock wire and factory disarm wire from my car with doulbe pulse, just unlocking my car disarms the factory alarm. I don't see how putting the OEM FAD wire from the alarm would work right. Wouldnt that unlock my car when i remote start it, Since its sending the same (-) pulse? Would it relock afterwards?
Live For The Music
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 11, 2009 at 12:42 PM / IP Logged  
Factory disarm is only a single pulse, unless you select otherwise in programming.
So, when the remote start turns on, it'll make one pulse, which will disarm the alarm, but not unlock the doors.
If you really wanted to, you could run a third wire into the door, and this way you could connect the FAD wire from the Viper ONLY to the Honda's disarm wire, but it shouldn't be necessary.
souljah972 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2009 at 7:37 PM / IP Logged  
THANKS ALOT tried it today, programmed to disarm on remote start only,  works like a champ FINALLY!
Live For The Music
brokenpc911 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2010 at 11:19 PM / IP Logged  

Have this issue as well, going to get the installers to read this, however my trunk release also triggers the factory alarm, will this resolve that situation as well?

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2010 at 2:48 AM / IP Logged  
In order to sort out the problem the last poster is having, have programme the aux which controls the trunk release to only work when the aftermarket alarm is turned off or via a relay when only when the ignition is turned on.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2010 at 6:04 AM / IP Logged  

program the unit to disarm as trunk release is used, or take the trunk release output and diode isolate that to the disarm wire in the door.

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic