icon

2008 sierra cruise options?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ohioguy30 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2009 at 1:53 PM / IP Logged  

HELP!  I have read the posts about the 2008 Sierra cruise controls. It seems to be possible to get the parts I need and install a "factory" cruise but the cost and hedaches suck. Is it worth it? I don't like the idea of a pedal pull and that seems(in my opinion) to be the worst way to do it. Is there any other options or ways of doing an install that anyone knows of? I'm laid-off from my job, so I have the time just not alot of cash to add it to my truck. Any help to get me going would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Live life to its fullest..... we only go around once that we know of.
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2009 at 12:21 PM / IP Logged  
Pedal pull is the only way to do cruise on these trucks. GM will not release the software to duplicate the factory cruise.
sparky
ohioguy30 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2009 at 1:13 AM / IP Logged  
Thank you. That isn't the way I wanted to go....but sounds like I have to if I want cruise. Thanks again.
rockyboy 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2009 at 4:42 PM / IP Logged  
Did you ger your cruise control in?
Rocky
ohioguy30 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2009 at 11:54 PM / IP Logged  
rockyboy......no I haven't installed one yet. Still want to find a better solution, but don't think it will happen. Have been busy and won't probably get to it now till Sept. or so. I went on a vacation and had to drive for 9 hrs.....really have to get cruise in it soon though!! uuuggghhh 
rockyboy 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2009 at 1:47 AM / IP Logged  
Yeah I hear that 9 hour drive, My father lives in austintown/youngstown. They will get you coming down the hill !!!!! I got 2 tickets already thats why I need to get cruise control. I am searching seems no one will do it. I'm willing to go wherever i need to.   Why is it that you dont like the petal pull?? Did you see it? IT still attaches to the directional handle and u press cruise.  I had a electronic shop try to put it in, but they could not get it working. IT was the Rostra unit.  They installed it . Then spent 3 days calling and playing with all the adjustments, looking at diagrams. they gave up. Returned my money and said sorry. Whatttttttttttttttttttttttttttt omg I want cruise control.  Sparky seems to knows how to do it. He's in Canada. I can't get a hold of him. not returning emails. he said he did 100's of them.
Rocky
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2009 at 8:08 PM / IP Logged  
Check your PM Rocky. GM has reversed their earlier decision on not allowing adding cruise. GM dealers can now install factory cruise on vehicles that qualify. It must be done by a GM dealer using factory parts. Rostra is also going to release a new cruise control kit for these trucks soon. It doesn't use a pedal pull. It uses a drive by wire method that doesn't require any programming from a dealer. Not sure on pricing or ETA, I was just told it is coming very soon.
sparky
rockyboy 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2009 at 10:04 PM / IP Logged  
Ok thanks sparky I Will check with GM 
Rocky
ohioguy30 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2009 at 9:50 AM / IP Logged  

Oh boy that is great news that their seems to be cruise or a fix coming our way! Hmmmm I'll have to keep an eye out and wait just a hair longer to see the most/best economical way to do it. The only reason I didn't get the truck with cruise was that I got a great deat on the 4x4 WT and knew I was going to be laid-off. That kept the payments down. Rockyboy....no I haven't seen a pedal pull install, only pictures. Just all I gather in doing it and just that it seems to be the old way to do it. I don't like the fact that I would have to bring the cable back through the firewall, etc. I have heard by great sources that it works and well, but just my thoughts and would rather have a better install for the long run. Sparkie has been a great help and knows what he is talking about. I'm gonna keep waiting a bit longer and looking at prices to get it done, if I can't get the stuff to do it. Thanks for the great news Sparkie! If you hear anything else or come across anything....keep me posted!!!   And buy the way Rockyboy, I'm in Newton Falls. I know what ya mean about the cops in Y-town and Austintown!

rockyboy 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2009 at 7:26 AM / IP Logged  
OMG newton falls   I FEEL FOR YOU 
Rocky
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic