icon

2000 tacoma, viper 5901

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
feroz 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2009 at 1:43 AM / IP Logged  
Hello, I just installed the viper 5901 on my 2000 toyota tacoma. Everything works, the alarm arms and disarms, doors lock and unlock. Kill switch works when alarm is activated. But when I hit the remote start button it seems to want to work, my dash lights up and I hear some clicking, the alarm attempts to start three times but the engine does not turn over. After that I get a "remote start error" on the remote...
Thank you for any help!
2010 Tundra
shaip99 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2009 at 3:44 AM / IP Logged  
sounds like you missed the second ignition in the truck both the BLACK / YELLOW and the black /red need to be powered
"Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd
all run around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive
music."-Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc.
feroz 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2009 at 9:08 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the post, i did connect both, i used those splice connectors, maybe thats the problem. When i put the key in and turn the ignition on and hit the remote, it starts!
2010 Tundra
loneranger 
Copper - Posts: 572
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2009 at 2:35 PM / IP Logged  

All high current connections must be soldered. I still recommend soldering any connections.

Ideal - cmon dude, add to topics in a useful manner, not stuff that is obvious.
Story - Phzzzt! Hey, what happened?! ... Isn't it obvious?
Moral - Never dismiss the obvious.
feroz 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2009 at 4:23 PM / IP Logged  

Just finished soldering all the high current wires, still same problem. The remote starter tries to start but wont. I removed the red-black wire and connected to constent 12v than it would now crank the engine but would not start. It tries the full 3 times. Also tested the tech wire input with portable tech and the tech signal seems fine.

appreciate all  the help.

2010 Tundra
feroz 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2009 at 8:44 PM / IP Logged  
feroz wrote:

Just finished soldering all the high current wires, still same problem. The remote starter tries to start but wont. I removed the red-black wire and connected to constent 12v than it would now crank the engine but would not start. It tries the full 3 times. Also tested the tech wire input with portable tech and the tech signal seems fine.

appreciate all  the help.

and here is what wires i connected to what.

Ignition 1; viper pink wire to tacoma BLACK / YELLOW wire

Ignition 2; viper pink/white wire to tacoma black /red wire

Accessory; viper orange to tacoma blue red

Starter; viper Violet wire to tacoma black- starter side

starter viper green wire to tacoma black - key side.

Viper 12v red spliced with viper RED / white and red black to constant 12v(tacoma white)

Here is what i think is WRONG. while cranking only ignition one wires show 12v, ignition 2  shows nothing. I just wanted to narrow this down so jumped a constant 12v to ignition 2 and it started right up but i know this is not right! It helped to know that this is what needs fixing but how to do this?

Please let me know if you see anything wrong with how i have wired this up?

wow i have almost spent 2 days trouble-shooting this!

any help will be appreciated

2010 Tundra
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2009 at 11:49 PM / IP Logged  
So, on the pink/white.....is it completely dead during the whole remote start process? I'm not sure on the 5901, but on alot of the DEI stuff i've done, the pink/white can be set to an acc. wire in the programming. It would be odd for the unit to come like this though. It should be default ignition.
phlame217 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2009 at 1:36 AM / IP Logged  
Did you provide power to three wires?
You need to power:
RED / White
Red
Red Black
Starter:
--Purple to Starter
--Green to Key
Ignition 1
--Pink
Ignition 2
--Pink White
Accessory
--Orange
Disregaurd the Pink/Black wire.
Also....
Make sure tach wire is SOLDERED, In all of my installs, even though the tach is a small gauge wire, ive always had to solder to get a solid connection.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 12, 2009 at 4:00 AM / IP Logged  
BLACK / YELLOW on the truck, is accesory.
feroz 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2009 at 6:47 PM / IP Logged  

Working now,

here is what I did.

Ignition 2; viper pink wire to tacoma BLACK / YELLOW wire (Previously Ignition1)

Ignition 1; viper pink/white wire to tacoma black /red wire(Previously Ignition 2)

Jumped the onrange wire to Ignition 2-(viper orange to tacoma black yellow AND blue red !) KarTuneMan is right on this one!

It starts remotely and powers the AC etc, the alarm works too and has a great range!

So far i CANNOT get it to report the temperature as the user guide says that it should.

I read in the posts that some guys had this problem too, do any one remember how to get this working?

Thank to all who have contributed, i have my system working, i sure do appreciate it.

2010 Tundra
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic