icon

you people have some awesome systems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kenwood_nut 
Stock Boy - Posts: 227
Stock Boy spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2009 at 1:02 PM / IP Logged  

I'm jealous!  I've spent an hour or so looking through your pictures and I'm quite simply VERY IMPRESSED.  I haven't even gone down the list very far but already beginning to drool on my keyboard.  I posted some pics of mine, but it looks like child's play compared to some of yours!  But my current system has been built solely on a budget of a little money from my dad's life insurance, but I'm not working right now.  I've purchased 90% of my components through mail order and have had good luck so far.  The hardware and most connectors and stuff were purchased locally.  When Circuit City was closing here, I rushed in and bought a bunch of Rockford Fosgate connectors and stuff for 70% off!!!  All my Monster Cable stuff was found on e-bay (still, $50 for ONE rca cable didn't seem cheap, but I bought it) because it's a 6-channel so I only have to run ONE cable to the back instead of 3.  All the Stinger stuff was ordered from online retailers.

Anyway, back to the reason for this post...

Just wanted to say I envy your audio systems!  Freakin' NICE JOBS on some of your installs!

Okay, I gotta get back to MY install issue: still having trouble fitting 3 amps, a crossover, a fuse block, and 3 distribution blocks on a sheet of 3/4" MDF that is 36" wide (max I have room for)!  I'm already on my second sheet and second "arrangement", but I think this one is going to work.  I'm just wondering if the battery is going to fit back there!  If not, I've decided to (don't laugh) put it on the floor in the back passenger area (this will also discourage the "Can I get a ride" questions).

I'm still gonna keep looking at your pictures of your systems.  Mine are posted now, but please don't laugh too hard.  I'm going to take as many pics as I can along the way to completion.  All I know is no matter how cheezy my install ends up, it's gonna rock my world. when it's done.

Sure glad I discovered this forum!  I've been using this site for months to gain very valuable and useful, helpful tech tips for both my car alarm and stereo.  Then just yesterday I discovered the Forum tab.

bwhvac065@aol.c 
Copper - Posts: 67
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2009 at 11:42 PM / IP Logged  
hey thanks for the commplements (spelling sucks) but some advice for the battery on the floor, if your going to do it right use a gel cell or dry cell battery like a expensive optima for example. The reason is a regular battery will give off fumes and could possibly leak or god forbid even worse. but any way keep posting, this forum is filled with alot of great guys that are full of knowlege and love to help. good luck buddy
Blazerspl
6 rockford 12s
5500 watt pa amp
12.0 cubic enclosure
BIG 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic