icon

siren to rollup windows.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
omegamotorsprts 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2003 at 11:01 PM / IP Logged  
I hooked up a relay to send a ground to my ground when armed on my 530t, but when the alarm sounds, nothing happens, I know the relay is good, but I can't figure out why this isn't working, the relay is wired correctly, would I need a relay to boost up the voltage off the siren wire? Thanks.
themagicone 
Silver - Posts: 325
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2003 at 12:06 AM / IP Logged  

Think bout it for a sec.... Give up? Well your system is armed, sending out a ground constantly on the ground when armed wire - you hit your 2nd channel to prevent the windows from closing when you arm is. So your windows are open and someone opens the door, sirens sounds and it send a ground to the ground when armed wire. You figure it out? The window mod is ingoring the ground due its already there on the wire. If you want your windows to close when your alarm goes off you cant have it hooked to a ground when armed, you ehtier leave them open or hit a button to close. A neat thing to do is hook it to a 508d motion sensor. It send outs a short pule when someone comes near so your windows will close half way and then if they come anycloser they'll shut the rest of the way but as said before you cant use your ground when armed wire though. You might try to use a pulse time possiable the gets trigered from the ground when armed so there is a constant ground but i'm not for sure if that will work.

cpgoose 
Gold - Posts: 1,098
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2003 at 8:04 AM / IP Logged  
hey, I had this same question a while back. Here's the link for it.
I never really figured it out, and gave up. Now that it's hot out, I might give it another shot. I liked the idea of connecting it to the shock sensor, but then they said it would roll up the windows while I was driving (or I would need another relay to prevent that).
omegamotorsprts 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2003 at 8:17 AM / IP Logged  
Actually I found out how, with the 508d or the siren.
Break(cut) the orange wire between the 530T and where it connects to the alarm then wire a relay as follows:
87a - orange wire to 530T
30- orange wire to alarm
86 - 12V (+)
85 - to your (-) sensor trigger
I'm thinking you could switch that 86 terminal to a solid ground and then hook 85 up to a split of the siren output if you wanted the windows to rollup on just the alarm going off not just the perimeter sensor. Hope this helps
cpgoose 
Gold - Posts: 1,098
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2003 at 6:45 AM / IP Logged  
hey, did you try this and get it to work? I'm curious if your method works. If so, does it still roll up the windows when you arm your car? And does it roll up the windows when the alarm goes off because of the shock sensor AND from other ways...like opening a door?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic