icon

viper 5901 module addition issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
phlame217 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2009 at 9:33 PM / IP Logged  
So I installed the 5901 unit into an 05 xB and everything works without a hitch...
except the glass break sensor.
This is my 5th alarm install and the 5901 states it has a port, located next the the remote start harness, that accepts an additional module such as a 506T etc....
Well I have it plugged in correctly and the module doesn't work, no light comes on or anything. I tested it in my car and it worked then so the modules good.
Are there any settings on the 5901 that must be changed for it to give power to and recieve signals from the external module? I've read the installation manual many times and have had no luck.
Thanks!
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2009 at 2:22 AM / IP Logged  
I think the ground pin on the port only works as an armed output, that is it will only go to ground when alarm is on , you could test this, and it can be routed around, ie turn alarm on, check you have power and ground at this port, ground the green then blue to see if both zones work then you've eliminated or not a faulty alarm or just a faulty plug or port pin.
phlame217 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2009 at 10:18 AM / IP Logged  
I will give that a shot! thanks.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic