icon

2005 350z air bag light

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jmsounds 
Copper - Posts: 99
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2009 at 9:30 AM / IP Logged  

hello every one  i'm workig on a 2005 nissan 350z i'm doing a alarm remote start i wire every thing correctly but before i try staring the alarm i started the car with the key  but the airbag light keeps flashing i have no idea why is on  i did not unplug any yellow connector  does any one knows how to turn off  please help soon if you have any question please

thanks any help is welcome

t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2009 at 9:41 AM / IP Logged  
unplugging connectors while the engine is running may cause this, have you tried a reset, disconnecting battery and let is sit for a couple minutes to see if it clears, if not, maybe someone else might chime in, or a trip to a dealer is in order to reset. try all options first though, triple check your connections and ensure all your plugs are snapped in properly even the ones you didn't remove but you were working around, just a thought.
commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
jmsounds 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2009 at 10:08 AM / IP Logged  
well i did unplug the battery and the conections are good i used a bypass that does all the funtions  the thing is i started the car first before i plug the alarm  and double check all theconectors   i did screw in the horn on the front bumper  but i know there were no wires or anything around that could have been damage i always check twice before i do anythig
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2009 at 10:19 AM / IP Logged  

I used these directions on a Nissan Frontier a couple of months ago, and it worked like a charm.

If it does reset, and eventually comes back on, then you have an issue somewhere, and it will have to go to the dealer.

Here is how to reset it:

1. Turn the key from off to on.
2. Watch the airbag light closely. It will stay on for a few secs. and then as soon as it blinks off (the start of the flashing), turn the key off instantly.
3. Count to 5 (1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi . . . .)
4. Repeat steps 1-3 two more times until you have done the cycle three times.
5. Now turn the key on and watch the light. It will start blinking in a different, slower manner. This is diagnostic mode. You can watch this for a little while, no hurry.
6. Now turn the key off again, Count to 5 like in step 3 again, and turn back on. If the procedure worked, the airbag light will not be flashing.
If it does not work the first time, just repeat the steps again.

jmsounds 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2009 at 10:54 AM / IP Logged  

MIKVOT    it work i started the car with the key and alarm many times to see if the lights comes back on it work so far thanks alot hopefully stays like this for good

thank you very much

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2009 at 11:00 AM / IP Logged  
Mikvot that was an educational post, do you have access to other vehicles or was it a friendly local dealer?
mikvot 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2009 at 12:20 PM / IP Logged  
Actually, I just found it on a Nissan forum. When I had to do that Frontier, there was no way I was paying to take it to the dealer. Just googled "how to reset nissan airbag light," and there is all kinds of fun stuff that will come up.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 17, 2009 at 3:47 PM / IP Logged  
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2009 at 5:29 PM / IP Logged  
What memory Craig? The other night I went around a LOCAL roundabout 3 times before I realised where I was  2005 350z air bag light -- posted image.
mikvot 
Posted: April 17, 2009 at 7:26 PM / IP Logged  
Howie...did you end up going back the way you had just come from?
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic