the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

toyota celica 03 custom box

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ceasar326 
Copper - Posts: 239
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2009 at 6:01 PM / IP Logged  

I whant to get some ideas from experiance ppl that custom fabrication is there day to day work. Im working on my 03 Celica GTS. First time big project job. Im going with 8 10" Hifonics brutus. with 2 Hifonis 2000 rms each. Lanzar optidrive crossover w/bass boost level, alsodigital bass machine bx-12 from soundstream.

This is what ive done so far.....

toyota celica 03 custom box -- posted image.

Let me know what you all think.

icearrow6 
Copper - Posts: 497
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2009 at 7:26 PM / IP Logged  
I don't like Bass processors....its fake bass. lol.
But seriously it looks like its going to be a sick setup. nice job.
ceasar326 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2009 at 12:01 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks.

How do you guys know how much mid's and high's to use with that much power. I was thinking of using 6 1/2 components on doors and regular 6 1/2 on kick panels, and on back since im not going to use the stock mounting holes for the speakers. Im adding another pair of 6 1/2 on the top of the rear pillars. Any idea if that will even the sound . Thanks

stevematt18 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2009 at 12:57 PM / IP Logged  
hey i dont know but i have a question how did you get the fleece to stretch over and take up the whole trunk space? do you just attach it to the sides of the trunk?
ceasar326 
Posted: April 21, 2009 at 1:57 PM / IP Logged  

I used door trims. There those plastick strips that go on the side of the door protecks the chipping the side of the door. They come in black and chrome. Bought them in walmart. Really cheap and works great ratter then using your stock weather strip.

bellsracer 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2009 at 4:35 PM / IP Logged  

ceasar326 wrote:
~snip~
How do you guys know how much mid's and high's to use with that much power. I was thinking of using 6 1/2 components on doors and regular 6 1/2 on kick panels, and on back since im not going to use the stock mounting holes for the speakers. Im adding another pair of 6 1/2 on the top of the rear pillars. Any idea if that will even the sound . Thanks

I was taught to "balance your mids and highs with your lows. If you use 500 for the lows, use 500 for the mids and highs" But I don't meet anybody who cares or really knows. What I do know is to add until you are satisfied. A friend of mine told me he isn't happy until everything in his truck is covered in speakers. 36 speakers/woofers later, he still isn't happy. >.< Go figure.

You have enough there to really go nuts with the bass, but it sounds like you are concerned about the speakers setup too. Great! So sit in your car and take the time to tune it. Softly at first to get in ballpark, then just keep adjusting at a higher level until you are satisfied. For many of my clients, Big boom and only a moderate amount of everything was ok, others replied "what about mids and highs?" and then I get the few who look for the perfect balance (Like my partner - Loves modern balanced orchestrations)

So in the end, it should not be, "will this be good?" but rather, "Am I happy with it?"

Hope this helps

Ganbatte ne!

Never send your ducks to eagle school.
The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.
The 3Ls of life: Learn from the Past, Live for the Present, Look to the Future.
giambrone 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2010 at 12:27 AM / IP Logged  

the trunk is looking good but question for you... can you still lift the frame you are making out of the trunk?? i am going to be starting on my trunk of my 00 celica soon but i have different ideas. your set up looks good though good job.

digdug18 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2010 at 8:00 AM / IP Logged  
I agree with giambrone, that thing has gotta be really heavy, I'm hoping that it is secured down as well and can't move in case your in an accident. Don't trust the rear seats for that task either, you need to physically bolt that thing to the car. It looks good though. I'm guessing your going to paint it? Are you going with the same color as the car or some custom color?
Andrew
ceasar326 
Posted: March 09, 2010 at 8:53 PM / IP Logged  
Yes the piece is still removable. Thats just my molding after the prep im going to cover the whole thing with foil and use resin and release spray. After all done should weight no more then 3lb. The frame will be hold by the speaker and the sides with the weather strip.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic