icon

1991 mustang sub box .

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
toddclary 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2009 at 9:10 AM / IP Logged  
I am currently runing 15' subs in my 1991 hatchback mustang, but i had to lay the back seat down to fit my current box. I would like to put my back seats back up and keep the subs. I got the idea to put a piece of mdf the shape of the hatch in the back tilted towards the window and sink the subs into it, but i dont know it that would be a good idea or not. Any ideas on a good sub box concept would be great.
these are the subs im currently running
http://www.lanzar.com/itempage.asp?MODEL=OPTI1535D
vibrationcustum 
Copper - Posts: 171
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2009 at 4:35 PM / IP Logged  
Take a pic of what you got right now and I can maybe help you design something for you mustang.
How many subs do you have?
bellsracer 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2009 at 4:13 PM / IP Logged  

I can't imagine more than 2 Lanzar 15s in the back of a Mustang. Needs too much airspace. The design also calls for them to be in a box of some sort. They were not meant for "free air" or "infinite baffle" setups.

You can do what you like so long as you can contain the subs in a box. As for direction of the subs facing the rear windshield, Not an issue so long as they have some space above them to breath the voice properly. I recommend they have at least an average of 7 inches of space between them and the window.

I would get a box that can fit the subs and in the needed area. Then get another board as a beauty panel to fill in the area around it to give it a cleaner appearance. Now you will have controlled sound and a clean(er) finish.

My guess is that you are not looking to go to competition with these are you? If I am assuming correctly, then you'll be fine in getting a sealed box to hold the subs and control them. Ported subs will be bigger but give you bigger boom.

You can get a similar boomy sound too from the sealed by filling them with about 1lb of polyfil (pillow stuffing) for every cubic foot of air inside the box. This will give the boomy sound but not the extra loudness (or size to go with it).

Ganbatte ne!

Never send your ducks to eagle school.
The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.
The 3Ls of life: Learn from the Past, Live for the Present, Look to the Future.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic