icon

linear actuator

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nokie1 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2009 at 9:06 PM / IP Logged  
hello, i installed a linear acuator in my trunk to make it go up and down. here is the problem it goes down but i wont come up,do anyone know why? i also have another one i need to install on the other side. can someone please tell me how to wire it up right.............thanks
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2009 at 3:14 AM / IP Logged  
How have you wired this, switch ? Relays?
nokie1 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2009 at 7:43 PM / IP Logged  
no relays just wired to a switch with 3 spots in the back.
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 25, 2009 at 10:46 PM / IP Logged  
I would think the correct switch would have 6 "spots" on the back.  This is assuming your actuator is a reverse polarity actuator.
Kevin Pierson
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2009 at 2:15 AM / IP Logged  
Actualy, it could be three "spots" they forgot to mention the two relays you have to wire up   linear actuator - Last Post -- posted image. Joking aside KP is right the switch should have a minimum of 5 terminals, 6 with illumination.  How about a photo of the rear of the switch or better still, approach where you got it and ask for a wiring diagramme.
nokie1 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2009 at 1:15 AM / IP Logged  
its just a switch with a power,negative and an acc terminal on the back. i bought a switch with 6 terminals on the back but it only goes up or down,i wanna be able to stop it b4 it goes all the way down or open all the way up. how would i wire it to the relays using the switch with 3 terminals?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2009 at 2:44 AM / IP Logged  
Well use the 6 terminal switch and release it when you get to a certain point.  The 3 terminal won't work on its own, you need two relays and what's the point if you already have a 6 terminal switch?  Why do you want to stop at a certain point?  Are you trying to remote control it?  Are you looking for an end stop, we can't help unless you explain more fully. This is getting silly, I noticed in your second post you had a six terminal switch and it worked. What EXACTLY is the problem apart from changing a working switch to a non-working type.
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 27, 2009 at 8:56 AM / IP Logged  
You basically need to copy the 5 wire door lock relay digram under the "RELAY" section of this site.  You need the two relays to be set up to "rest at ground" and then you need to wire one relay to one side of the switch and the other to the other side.  Pretty standard configuration.
Kevin Pierson
nokie1 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2009 at 2:35 PM / IP Logged  

.....howie II

go to y**t**e.com and type in "pop trunk" look at a few videos and u will see what im trying to do. i hope u are ok with "COLOR"

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic