icon

gsm alarm on 04 dodge ram quad 1500

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cezarm 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2009 at 3:54 AM / IP Logged  

gsm alarm on 04 dodge ram quad 1500 -- posted image.gsm alarm on 04 dodge ram quad 1500 -- posted image.Central Door Lock Interface/Remote Start on 04 Dodge Ram 1500 QC

Good Evening, I am needing some direction on the 2 above mentioned areas when it comes to wiring for my application 04 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab. The alarm being installed is a GSM Style Alarm made by JSE Model - 808SM. I personally, have never heard of the Alarm name or Model. It seems to have an enormous amount of bells and whistles. I have attached the wiring info that came with the alarm. I have obtained the truck wiring info from DEI. I understand the truck has a Single Wire Door lock system with a negative trigger. I am not certain if the Central Door Lock Interface applies to my application. I removed from the truck a KARR 4040A security system. The truck has a (black key) w/ 2 keyless entry fobs.The violet/drk green wire was used with resistors and 1 Diode, Can you please confirm the direction of current flow for the Diode connected from the alarm output wires. I only found a total of 2 relays, 1 starter interupt relay and the other relay I beleive was for the parking lights & the factory honk, honk. Is it normal practice to not use relays on door locks? The 2nd issue I need clarified is on the Remote Start. Do I need an additional relay if the alarm provides s remote starterbox, Its states in the notes section of the wiring info for the truck that the Ign.#2 wire may need to be programmed to read as a negative while the truck is in the run position. A diagram for my application that shows how the Starter Interupt, Remote Start , Door Locks (if applicable) and parking lights w/domelights would be greatly appreciated. Please excuse my lack of knowledge that has been demonstrated on this post. This is my 1st  Alarm Install

Please zoom into pics if it seems to small to view

Thanks  

cezarm 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2009 at 11:49 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks!

aewalden 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2009 at 12:35 AM / IP Logged  
I was wondering if you had the owners manual for that KARR system you removed or know how to get in touch with the manufacturer so I could obtain one form them.  Thanks!
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2009 at 2:51 AM / IP Logged  
The central locking system you will use will be the top middle, i.e. neg outputs, hopefully you will have retained the resistors from the original alarm, 1 goes to your white lock cable, the unlock value goes to the WHITE/ black unlock cable.  These are then joined to either the factory lock/unlock or lock/alarm control. Only ever done one of these but I seem to remember going to the factory alarm lock/unlock and it required a double pulse for lock and unlock.   Don't know why diodes would be required on the lock wires.  It's not needed on a relay driven set-up like the one shown.
tpelshak 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2009 at 3:39 PM / IP Logged  
How well does the GSM car alarm work in the US. Has anyone used the system. & what GSM carrier are you using for the alarm?
Mr. Pelshak

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic