the12volt.com spacer
icon

the12volt’s New Toy, 2009 Yamaha YZF R1

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 28, 2009 at 8:30 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot

Looks a lot like No Problem Raceway.  20 miles from here. 

the12volt’s New Toy, 2009 Yamaha YZF R1 - Page 2 -- posted image.

the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2009 at 8:41 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote the12volt

Yeah, that was at No Problem Raceway ;) 

the12volt’s New Toy, 2009 Yamaha YZF R1 - Page 2 -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
i am an idiot 
Posted: April 29, 2009 at 3:42 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
If you ever get the chance, that was an intense ride, even on a 600CC Scooter. I am sure your buddy has heard about it. You too have probably heard of it..
Do not watch these if you do not want to go.
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Posted: April 29, 2009 at 6:00 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote KPierson

i am an idiot wrote:
If you ever get the chance, that was an intense ride, even on a 600CC Scooter. I am sure your buddy has heard about it. You too have probably heard of it..
Do not watch these if you do not want to go.

The Tail of the Dragon is intense in a car, I can only imagine going through there on a bike.

There are definately some CRAZY bikers down that way.

I was down there last year and went through the entire thing in the dark - talk about a hell of a ride.

Kevin Pierson
the12volt 
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2009 at 12:11 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote the12volt
Yes, I've heard of it, but have never been.  I'd love to go one day.
the12volt’s New Toy, 2009 Yamaha YZF R1 - Page 2 -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
i am an idiot 
Posted: May 04, 2009 at 3:34 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
Well if you do go, make it a point to be there in the daylight.    Do not attempt at night.  
kenwood_nut 
Stock Boy - Posts: 227
Stock Boy spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2009 at 9:26 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kenwood_nut

Well, there goes your post count!the12volt’s New Toy, 2009 Yamaha YZF R1 - Page 2 -- posted image.

I know, because I bought my bike in November and started buying my car audio stuff in December.  Well, as you can tell if you look at my installation progress pictures, the bike gets all my attention!  I never imagined a car stereo taking over 5 months to complete!  But then I never had a brand new bike AND brand new car audio gear to install at the same time!  Some of my friends wonder why I'm not online as much anymore.  They just don't understand the hypnotic powers a new bike has on its owner!

That's awesome that you got a bike!  Nice choice too.  Just don't get too crazy on it.  We still need you to keep us in line here!

And speaking of bikes, I just discovered a bike I never realized existed that I have to buy soon: the Kawasaki Z-1000.  Had I known about them or even heard mention of them I would have bought one instead of my current bike.  But I never stumbled across any, and obviously there weren't many used ones out there.  Now when I get my huge settlement from my parents' estate in the next few months, I'll have a new Z-1000 in my garage!  I never rode a sportbike but always said if I ever got one it would be a ZX-11 until the ZX-14's came out.  Now I don't know.  Perhaps an R1? Tee-Hee!

Here's MY "car audio installation avoidance tool", a 2007 Honda 919. Bought new in November 2008 with zero miles. Over 7,500 on it already, even though Winter just wrapped up here in Washington State...

https://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh100/Hairball98498/MY%20Bike/4-15-09a.jpg

the12volt 
Posted: May 23, 2009 at 12:18 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote the12volt

I'm slowly getting new parts in for my bike. I'll post some better photos when the rain stops. Here are a few I took with my phone...

i am an idiot 
Posted: May 26, 2009 at 7:45 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot

I guess somebody is having trouble with their copy of PhotoShop.  So I did this with Paint.

ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2009 at 8:47 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ckeeler
nice handlebar streamers!
Page of 9

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic