the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

the12volt’s New Toy, 2009 Yamaha YZF R1

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2010 at 10:08 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote the12volt

Fortunately for me, I was out of town for all of that bad weather.

Good luck with your bike. I'm hoping to ride tomorrow afternoon.

the12volt’s New Toy, 2009 Yamaha YZF R1 - Page 7 -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 12, 2010 at 10:47 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot

No riding for me tomorrow.  More like 30 GPS units on garbage trucks in Lake Charles.  Not looking forward to it.

Let's Go Brandon Brown. Congratulations on your first Xfinity Series Win. LGBFJB
i am an idiot 
Posted: February 15, 2010 at 10:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot

I take it you did not ride on the 12th?  I did.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=5768&id=100000644824987&l=fbcd6d97e5

If you need substantial parts for your bike, Gator can help you.  Or should I say Instigator can help you.

the12volt 
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2010 at 12:31 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote the12volt
No, I didn't, but I did ride yesterday.  Is Gator back at David's?  I haven't seen him in years.
BTW, I don't know how you can stand riding in that kind of weather. It's got to be at least 55 and dry before I'll ride.
the12volt’s New Toy, 2009 Yamaha YZF R1 - Page 7 -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
i am an idiot 
Posted: February 16, 2010 at 3:14 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
Gator is working at a Motorcycle shop here in my town.  He sells parts at the Suzuki/Kawasaki dealer.  He saved me 100 dollars on the stator for my Honda.  The same dealer he sent me to sells Yamaha also.
i am an idiot 
Posted: February 16, 2010 at 3:36 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
I love the cold weather, I think the reason for that is when i was an infant, we could see Mt. Fuji out of our back door, it is covered in snow year round.  The walls of our house were paper thin.  Mom said the house was always cold inside.  I spent the first 11 months of my life freezing.  We came back to the states at that time.  I really believe that what you get used to early in life becomes what you long for.  I used to hate the summer time, but recently figured out why that was, I lost 85 pounds and now the summer is much easier to handle.  Since the weight loss, I do tend to get chilly in colder weather.  Wihter riding is all about the gear.  I live 3 miles from Cabela's.  They have tons of cold weather riding gear.  It is all camoflauged, but it works well for riding.  That was my first experience riding in the snow.  It is much more challenging than riding in the rain.  When the rain hits your shield, you can see through it.  When the snow hits your shield, it has to be wiped off pretty regularly.  My left glove was drenched when I got to work.
the12volt 
Posted: February 16, 2010 at 10:34 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote the12volt
I'm just the opposite... I love warm weather and would live in shorts all year long if I could.  I just ordered some fleece polypropylene thermals so I can ride in temps below 55/60 degrees.  Regular thermals and leather just aren't warm enough for me, especially at highway speeds. I'm sure a balaclava would help a lot too. I try to never ride in the rain, but have been caught in it a few times and dread the hours it takes to clean my bike afterward.

BTW, here's a fairly recent photo with a few new bits...

the12volt’s New Toy, 2009 Yamaha YZF R1 - Page 7 -- posted image.

KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Posted: February 16, 2010 at 11:26 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote KPierson
i am an idiot wrote:

I take it you did not ride on the 12th?  I did.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=5768&id=100000644824987&l=fbcd6d97e5

If you need substantial parts for your bike, Gator can help you.  Or should I say Instigator can help you.

And finally your user name makes sense to me!!!!!!

You are absolutely nuts to ride in the snow!  I don't really mind the cold 'that' much but being wet, covered in snow, while riding a bike is way too much.  Once either my hands or my feet get cold I'm done for. 

How many people were riding with you?

Kevin Pierson
i am an idiot 
Posted: February 16, 2010 at 3:28 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
I was riding to work.  Funny thing is there were a couple of co-workers that called in and said they could not make it.  The boss found out that I made it on the scooter and told me to call them and see if they had a helmet so I could go get them and get them to work.
If I had your bike I could have made it to work before the snow began to fall. First 20 minutes of the ride was in the rain.
the12volt 
Posted: February 17, 2010 at 12:35 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote the12volt

If it was all interstate, yeah, you would have, but riding in the rain is still no fun.

Page of 9

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic