icon

video recording

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
w8lifter21 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: April 29, 2009 at 2:26 PM / IP Logged  

I am looking to install 1-2 cameras in my car seeing as how over this past winter there have been more than a few instances where landscaping employees/companies have scratched up vehicles while moving in and our of trucks trailers.  I myself being one of them, but it was on a beater car of mine so it really didn't bother me a whole lot lol.

Recording device

The biggest roadblock I have come across so far in the early stages of this project is finding a device that will alow me to record video straight to some sort of mass storage device such as an SD card, hard drive, or even an ipod.

Camera

I plan on using something similar to this camera

Sony CCD 580 Line Bullet Camera

video recording -- posted image.

I am a complete novice when it comes to camera and camera terminology.  Do I need something super high quality? No, but I would think something a little better than the china cameras found on eBay may be in order.  Or not, I have 0 experience with them, that's just me using to tried and true rule of "you get what you pay for" :)

Ideas/options as to what equipment to use for basic in car video monitoring?

Refined Performance Motorsports
robertsc 
Copper - Posts: 337
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 29, 2009 at 6:57 PM / IP Logged  

You have two options you can buy a standalone box  {digital video recorder} which will store your recordings

or you can add a capture card onto a computer and use the hardrive as tthe storage device.

w8lifter21 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 29, 2009 at 8:06 PM / IP Logged  
Capture card.....is this something I can add onto say an external hard drive by itself or are there drivers that need to be installed on a computer?
robertsc 
Copper - Posts: 337
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 29, 2009 at 9:11 PM / IP Logged  

Drivers and a card .

You can get cards that anywhere from 1-4 cameras.

Win@nywhere has a cheap one camera input .

Theres lots of free software that does the recording for you.

Just google video capture card and it will show you lots of info.

w8lifter21 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2009 at 12:33 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the info.  I may have to go that route if I can't find a device that records straight to flash memory like a USB drive or SD card.  I may turn this application into a camera mount for my motorcycle for track days!
w8lifter21 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2009 at 12:45 PM / IP Logged  

Basically here is what I am looking for, it's very simple, if there is such a thing.  Maybe I should have posted this in mobile video lol...

Picture something about the size or smaller than a digital camcorder, where all you do is hit record or when it's powered up,  it will start recording whatever video input is connected to it to a flash drive or memory card

jmsounds 
Copper - Posts: 99
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2009 at 1:05 PM / IP Logged  

Hey crimestopper just came up with somethig you are looking for it record on sd card it might be in they're website i saw it at one of they're  show

good luck

w8lifter21 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2009 at 6:20 PM / IP Logged  

Well, after poking around, it looks like the SanDisk V-Mate is the closest so far.  This would work well if you want to say record your run down the drag strip or even find it's way onto some sort of powersport vehicle.

video recording -- posted image.

This may not be the best application for "alarm triggered" video monitoring, but it may be the way to go if you are in the same boat as me where your vehicle is parked right outside your window at home, yet you would want some sort of monitoring while you are away from your vehicle, say down town Chicago or if you find yourself in a sketchy neighborhood lol.

mauri197 
Copper - Posts: 80
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2009 at 3:29 PM / IP Logged  
ACCELEVISION sells a camera kit with 3 cameras they also have a dvr that lets you record into a 4 gig sd card they do not have it posted on there wbsite but they have it http://www.iatft.com/

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic