using ford keypad with dei alarm?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
electricd7 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 01, 2009 at 8:49 AM / IP Logged  

Hello,

I have the Viper 7901 installed in my 06 Ford F150.  It has the factory numeric keypad on the door to unlock the vehicle.  It still works to unlock, but obviously it triggers the door alarm when used while the system is armed.  I am wondering if there is a way to wire it up so that when the factory keypad is used while the alarm is on, it will disarm the alarm before unlocking the vehicle?  Thanks in advance!

ED7

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 01, 2009 at 12:43 PM / IP Logged  
You would need to bury a spare remote then use that door unlock trigger to emulate the switch under the disarm button. Do-able but what a PITA
electricd7 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 01, 2009 at 2:02 PM / IP Logged  

So provided the keypad puts out either a ground or positive signal, i would simply tie that to one side of a relay, and either +/- to the other side, then use each side of a spare key fob switch for disarm on the other 2 legs?  Effectivly then the keypad would trigger the relay which would complete the disarm function.  Then I guess to arm it, I would use the other button on the remote and the other leg of the keypad switch.  That make sense..why didn't I think of that.  Not too bad, but I would probably have to take the door panel off to trace the wires unless someone knows if the keypad wires come out of the door before hitting the lock/unlock motors (doubtful).  Thanks.

Chad

electricd7 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 01, 2009 at 2:04 PM / IP Logged  
OK, remote is ordered.  Does anyone know how to specifically program one of these remotes.  The FCCID is EZSDEI7153.  Thanks!
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 01, 2009 at 4:16 PM / IP Logged  

You're on the right track, it might be an idea to get a DC/DC convertor to drop the vehicl's voltage down to 3v? that the remote uses. Top of my head, ign on and driver's door open or make sure GREEN door switch wire is going to ground, press valet button, releae siren chirp then press and hold pushing the arm button on the remote. That should do it.

electricd7 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 01, 2009 at 7:45 PM / IP Logged  
OK, do I have to do both lock and unlock buttons since they are separate on this remote, or will the outline you posted above program the entire remote and all buttons?
aurora24 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: May 01, 2009 at 8:22 PM / IP Logged  
electricd7 I  used the search engine and looked for "key pad output". It gave me several good hits on this search. Look for "car alarm w/ keypad keyless entry" and there is a reply by "dualsport" which I think you will find worthwhile.

I hope this helps.

howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2009 at 2:47 AM / IP Logged  
You will need to do the same procedure with the lock button but a question persists....WHY? I've never used anything but the alarm's remote to do my cars over the years.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic