icon

remote start on 2002 mustang v6

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
maximum9 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2009 at 10:06 AM / IP Logged  
I'm installing a cool start rs999 by Crimestopper, I ran into a problem with the Factory alarm disarm wire, the wireing diagram says that it's a DarkGREEN/ purple wire @ GEM 20 pin plug, pin 16. I looked out it over and over and that wire is not there ! the only way the car will remote start is if the key is in the ignition, any help???
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2009 at 10:26 AM / IP Logged  
The factory disarm wire, and the reason you're car isn't remote starting are two completely different issues. I really doubt that car even has a factory alarm. Are you using a bypass to get past the PATS system?
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 03, 2009 at 10:31 AM / IP Logged  
You've got two separate systems mixed up, factory alarm, and factory immobilizer.
Factory alarm: This is the system that sounds the horn and flashes the lights if someone breaks into the car to steal your stuff. However, it has no way of preventing people from starting/stealing the actual car.
Factory immobilizer, or "chip key" or "transponder" or various other names: This is the special security chip that's inside the large head of your key. It has nothing to do with the factory alarm, has no way of sounding the horn if someone breaks in to steal your stuff.......but, if the car doesn't "see" the chip when the ignition turns on, the engine won't start.
1. Did you first test the car for a factory alarm? I'm not even so sure the GT had a factory alarm......I would be doubtful that the V6 model would have it.
2. What are you doing to interface with the car's immobilizer during remote start? The remote start won't work unless the car thinks there's a valid key present.
3. How many keys do you have for this car?
maximum9 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2009 at 6:04 PM / IP Logged  

I only have one key for it and I don't have a pats bypass for it ....yet, it seems I will need one !  I read somewhere that if I put an extra key close to the ignition, I won't need the bypass module, is that true ?

Chris Luongo 
Posted: May 04, 2009 at 9:14 AM / IP Logged  
There are various bypass modules available from various manufacturers, but they pretty much all need two valid keys to program.
ADS (idatalink.com) has recently been able to get their bypass module to program to the car with only one key.......but, you need not only their product, but their "weblink" cable which would probably cost almost as much as just getting another key made.
So, here are your options:
1. Get a second key made at a locksmith or the Ford dealer, and then buy a no-key-required bypass module and install it.
ADS (idatalink.com) Fortin (ifar.ca) and Trilogix (bypasskit.com) all offer modules for your car.
2. As in #1, you're already going to the locksmith. Most of the money isn't for the keys, it's for the labor and their expensive programming tool.
It might be cheaper just to get a third key made at the locksmith, install that in a universal key-in-the-box style bypass module. Might cost you less this way, than buying a no-key-required module.
3. If you don't care about reduced security, there is another way.
Go to the hardware store, get some non-chip copies made of your existing key....make as many as you need.
Put your existing chip key in a universal key-in-the-box bypass module, install the module.
But, wire the module so it comes on EVERY time the car's ignition is turned on, not just with the remote start.
This means your car is easier to steal, and you've lost the anti-theft feature of the immobilizer key.......but it is the least expensive way.
I did the same thing on my girlfriend's Taurus, but I was also installing an alarm with starter kill, so that offers a little extra protection.
maximum9 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2009 at 12:54 PM / IP Logged  
thanks I tring to do it the cheapest way, Got laid off last week so money is a little tighter !  I'll have to look for a PATS bypass module thats not too much $$$,  thanks for all the help, I'll let you know how it turns out..
maximum9 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2009 at 2:53 PM / IP Logged  
found a 555P Ford PATS Transponder Kit, doesn't need an extra key, you think that will work ??
Chris Luongo 
Posted: May 05, 2009 at 7:58 PM / IP Logged  
As stated in my posts above, like all other bypass modules, it'll work once you have two good keys for the car.
jrod83 
Copper - Posts: 81
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2009 at 2:50 AM / IP Logged  
if you wanna go the easy route you can get your key cloned at your local locksmith usually costs about 60 bucks...and use a 556uw...very easy unit to use and  you can find them dirt cheap online..
MECP Certified
I am the loudest and proudest member of the Fighting Aggies Class of '11 WHOOP!
SAW 'EM OFF!
maximum9 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2009 at 3:26 PM / IP Logged  

I got a 555P bypass module that I want to install on a 2002 Mustang with a remote start/entry, the problem is I have know Idea on how to hook this thing up, can anyone help me out?

Module wiring

PIN   Module wire color   Function

1        red                              Constant +12V

2        Black                           Ground

3         blue                           - remote start input

4        green                          not used

5        yellow/blk                    immobilizer data tap

6        yellow                          not used

7         brown                         immoblilzer sync tap

8          pink                            ignition (car side)

9          pink/wht                     ignition (key side)

10        orange                        not used

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic